Ring Door bells

I often wander out on to my porch in the early morning before work to check the weather and feel the breeze as a last moment of freedom before I get dress for work. I know I have a ring doorbell which records someone coming to the door, but never gave it much thought of where in that magical cloud those recording go, or if anyone besides me can see them. So for fun I share one of the video to my email to see how easy it was to retrieve. Fairly easy, and if I chose the wrong(right) button I can share with all my neighbors who have one. I think I am not quite ready for that because I am sure it would get me a unwanted visit from my local police. But just for fun, incase anyone at Ring is watching I always say good morning on the way back in. Does anyone else have a home surveillance system and wonder how much of their own activity is being recorded?

This topic was edited
RE:Ring Door bells

I also have a Ring doorbell and step outside every morning summer and winter no matter what the temperature to see what the weather is. I've been outside in below zero temps for a very short time.

I've read that Ring can access your camera and recordings at any time. If that is all they have to do, then they can help themselves to mine. I'm not shy.

This post was edited

Interesting observations about who sees what, where. I guess I wouldn't be concerned with the company people spying. But even on this site I am careful about which "wrong (right)" send button I push. Nice vid and pic BTW.

This post was edited

Yes good video! It should be made into an advertisement for Ring.
Good clear picture.
Later,

This post was edited

Great view NYCbuddy

This post was edited

We don't have a video doorbell, yet. I have been wanting one for a while, but just haven't been able to justify the expense yet.

A year or so ago, we had a dog that started having seizures, and my wife was concerned about the dog, so I set up a webcam for my wife to monitor the dog in real time. We even subscribed to a web based recording for it, so that the videos were saved on the web for 30 days. One morning I got a text from my wife who was checking on our dog from work reminding me that the camera was trained on the dog crates, so when I got up in the morning and let dogs out and fed them while I was still in the nude, that I was videoed and it was stored on the web archive for 30 days. Apparently she wasn't quite expecting to see me when she checked in on the dogs that morning, and she never said if anyone around her had seen the images n her screen.

Following that, I did think about how easy it would be for anyone else to hack into the feed and watch it, and I even shared a link to the feed with a few people. I have no idea how many people have seen me nude in my dining room taking care of my dogs in the morning. I know that the thought of it encourages me to do it daily though.

This post was edited

We even subscribed to a web based recording for it, so that the videos were saved on the web for 30 days. One morning I got a text from my wife who was checking on our dog from work reminding me that the camera was trained on the dog crates, so when I got up in the morning and let dogs out and fed them while I was still in the nude, that I was videoed and it was stored on the web archive for 30 days. Following that, I did think about how easy it would be for anyone else to hack into the feed and watch it, and I even shared a link to the feed with a few people. I have no idea how many people have seen me nude in my dining room taking care of my dogs in the morning. I know that the thought of it encourages me to do it daily though.
Same thing happened with us. A year ago we were living in an apartment with a security cam in the living room. We could point it in any direction, but had it viewing the the majority of the living room. Didnt bother me being seen nude, as it was our living space and we werent doing anything illegal, etc. If anyone did take the time and effort to watch a nude 60 year old guy, I thought it was an opportunity to normalize nudism, that it didnt involve sex. My wife was probably caught a few times walking around nude, but either also didnt care or forgot about the cam.

This post was edited

My home is on 3 acres and I have security cams spread around the property including my immediate backyard where most of my nude time is spent. I try to remember to turn the backyard cameras off when I'm home and back on when I go somewhere. I don't always remember though. All videos are permanently saved on my router's SD card (unless I delete them myself) and they're kept in online storage for only 7 days then auto-deleted if I haven't already manually deleted them before then. I've never given it much thought really. Nothing much to see except me naked mowing the grass or working on a boat or walking around looking for a wrench or hammer or some other tool that I had in my hand a few minutes earlier lol! Can't imagine anybody bothering to watch that.

I have a second home in central FL where I had, for a short time, a security system that included a doorbell cam. But it didn't take me long to realize I couldn't trust the security company as far as I could throw them. Had nothing to do with nudity. They were just flat out liars. So I had the whole system taken out. The doorbell cam was pretty handy while it lasted though.

This post was edited

I just installed a Ring Doorbell a few months ago. Initially, I never thought about the fact that I was being recorded as I walked out to my car late at night to ensure it was locked. I began playing with some of the features and looking over the history and saw myself, naked and walking to and from my car on the driveway.

I thought about what some have typed about; is this video visible to others? I felt the same way, I don't care. I check on my car between 11pm and midnight before I go to bed. I've done so naked each and every night we're home for the last 11 years we've lived here. It's only since April that we've had the Ring doorbell and no cops have come to the door so, I think I'm good!

The only thing I don't like about the Ring doorbell and the video history is that the video reminds me that I really need to lose weight! :DDDDD

This post was edited

I've not yet put one in the backyard but hope to very soon. Love to go back and view us enjoying our backyard while naked and just doing normal, everyday things like relaxing and caring for the yard. What camera did you buy and install?

This post was edited

I need to put in a backyard cam, to see how silly I look when I out chasing my dog at 2 in the morning when she has tree a possum

This post was edited