Charity Clothing Drive

Got an e-mail today from a homeless shelter we has supported called "PROJECT- OPERATION: Empty Closets", encouraging their supporter to get clean out their closets and donate any unwanted clothing.
While my closets and drawers are less than half full already because of the clothes I have donated or thrown away since I retired 4 years ago, it may encourage me to get rid of my excess remaining shirts.

This topic was edited
RE:Charity Clothing Drive

Yah. I wear less clothes than I used to, specially in warm weather. But I tend to wear them to rags. Although we do have a bunch of good things that don't fit. I'll donate them to some charity when we get around to sorting things.

This post was edited

Have gotten several more e-mails about the drive.
Somebody on another board jokingly (?) suggested that to really get into it. you should empty your closet and drawers completely, Strip naked and put what you were wearing in the donation bag, and leave it on the front step for pick up!

This post was edited

We had a little fun with this a few years ago. A radio station in Santa Barbara was doing a clothing drive for the homeless around Christmas time, and our non-landed club, the Southern California Naturist Association put out a call to our members to donate clothing. When we brought a number of bags to the station, the morning DJ's had a great time talking to us onair and trying to increase participation by saying "C'mon people! Even the nudists are giving the clothes off their backs for this drive!" LOL!

This post was edited

We had a little fun with this a few years ago. A radio station in Santa Barbara was doing a clothing drive for the homeless around Christmas time, and our non-landed club, the Southern California Naturist Association put out a call to our members to donate clothing. When we brought a number of bags to the station, the morning DJ's had a great time talking to us onair and trying to increase participation by saying "C'mon people! Even the nudists are giving the clothes off their backs for this drive!" LOL!

What a great plug for your organization and nudism! ;DDD

This post was edited

Got another e-mail today.
Apparently "Operation Empty Closets" has become a semi-annual event for this charity.
Still wondering if anyone has ever taken it literally and actually emptied their closet completely.
While if you did, you would have to buy some replacement clothing, but I suspect you would wind up with a lot less than you had before and find that it was enough.

This post was edited

Got another e-mail today.Apparently "Operation Empty Closets" has become a semi-annual event for this charity.Still wondering if anyone has ever taken it literally and actually emptied their closet completely.While if you did, you would have to buy some replacement clothing, but I suspect you would wind up with a lot less than you had before and find that it was enough.

Charity has changed the name of the drive to The Shirt off Your Rack. Less interesting than the old name.

This post was edited

Now they are back to Operation Empty Closets for the main title while keeping Give us the Clothes of Your Rack as a subtitle.

This post was edited

Now they are back to Operation Empty Closets for the main title while keeping Give us the Clothes of Your Rack as a subtitle.

Spring Operation Empty Closets just started. Every time I see it I wonder if anyone took it literally and donated everything in their closets.

This post was edited

Not related to a charity event, but a few people on this and other sites have noted that their clothing supply is small enough to fit on a shelf in the laundry room or a small bin so they can do without a closet or dresser.
Is anyone else in that position?

This post was edited