RE:If a Neighbor Can See You Naked, Do You Have to Cover Up?

Nudity anywhere in public is generally a minor offense. I have found that in this day and time someone, a neighbor, a person passing by will be OFFENDED when spotting you naked.

This is a very good example of over generalization and thinking everything is the same for everyone. Here simple nudity is not a minor offense unless there is lewd conduct. However, that does not mean its socially acceptable so going out in the public in broad daylight would be frowned upon and yes might lead to disturbing the peace. And as for offended, our neighbors do not care and can see our yard from their two story homes. What you say maybe your reality but it is not everyone's. The local laws, culture etc. make a difference.

Sorry if I misread what you were trying to say, I just get really rated of over generalizations @nd people thinking their situation, circumstances are the same for everyone.

This post was edited

This is a very good example of over generalization and thinking everything is the same for everyone. Here simple nudity is not a minor offense unless there is lewd conduct. However, that does not mean its socially acceptable so going out in the public in broad daylight would be frowned upon and yes might lead to disturbing the peace. And as for offended, our neighbors do not care and can see our yard from their two story homes. What you say maybe your reality but it is not everyone's. The local laws, culture etc. make a difference.Sorry if I misread what you were trying to say, I just get really rated of over generalizations @nd people thinking their situation, circumstances are the same for everyone.

Could not agree more, FullSun! ;-)

This post was edited

On my side of Tx if someone can easily see you from public access ways than you can get slammed with indecent exposure.
Like my place to see me you have to trespass on private land, and on oilfield land then walk throw a thick pastor of mesquite bushes that's taller then myself.
To see my backyard and all my neighbors live at least two miles from me.
So I just try and make it hard for people to see me and most judges that I talked to say, as long as you try to keep the public form just seeing you from the road or the alleys as they're taking out the trash then they don't see you in the wrong.

This post was edited

For the benefit of any UK residents who have not seen it, here is the latest official police guidance on the subject.https://library.college.police.uk/docs/nudity.pdfThe first column on the second page is the relevant information although it is all worth reading.

Since this clarification was made early last year I've felt more relaxed about being nude in public. Previously I knew I was not breaking the law if for instance I was hiking nude in the countryside, but not all officers of the law knew that. As those arrested for 'public indecency' could attest to, when they had simply been naked outside. Now all police officers here should know what the laws say about our right to be nude. However, many members of the public do not realise we are legally allowed to enjoy life outside without clothing in public, so it might be a good idea to carry a copy of the college of police documentation, or have it to hand at home if you live nude there and a neighbour objects. Common sense helps too, provided nudists don't do anything outside of widely accepted nudist activities, or wander through supermarkets naked, as nice as that might be to do, a lot of others don't seem to mind seeing us nude. I've walked with organised nude hiking groups, people on them carry the clarification document but I've never seen it shown to textiles we've met. We usually stay nude when we meet people now and I only recall positive or curious reactions when others have seen us, previously we'd covered up if designated walk leaders felt it sensible to do so. When passing through or close to housing we usually wear something minimal. A similar approach applied to being naked where a neighbour might see you should mean nudists can live as they wish in the UK.

Personally I feel that as long as we behave in a way that indicates that we see nothing wrong with being seen naked, rather than behaving in any way that could be interpreted as furtive or with bad intentions( I accept that words can mean different things to different people) our nudity tends to be accepted in a better way. Being confident nudists can't work against us, can it?

This post was edited

At home the neighbors would have to make some effort to see me naked in my back yard so it isn't an issue. That got me thinking about my camping where someone on another campsite or passing by in a canoe might see me; because if it is warm enough I am nude on my campsite. Virtually every year when I go wilderness camping we see people, usually at a distance, sunning or swimming nude. I think it is common enough that as long as you aren't flagrant about it you are unlikely to get in any trouble where I go.

This post was edited

Well said. I have done the same.

This post was edited

Well said. I have done the same.

Who said what well?

This post was edited

I have to always echo those that state you should look at state and local laws, knowing that sometimes it's discretionary. Here in Colorado nudity is unlawful and it's deemed a sexual offense, however I am able to be nude in my backyard because of the fencing and landscaping I've installed, and therefor have a "reasonable expectation" of privacy in my yard.

Be safe and do your homework!

This post was edited

I know we looked into this prior to buying our house in Az. What we found out was that we were okay to be nude in our pool area as long as we were not visible from PUBLIC and that as long as we made an effort to block the neighbors from seeing directly into our yard. So we put up a 5 block fence which provided privacy but we could still be seen from their 2nd story balcony which was not PUBLIC so we are fine but also aware of the balcony view

This post was edited

As explained to me by the the office of the state police after some research by them in my local twsp.
If a neighbor or visitor is able to see you and you're knowledgeable to the fact they might. Youre illegal
If a minor sees you, youre illegal and can be jailed and labeled a sex offender for life.
if a neighbor can see you through an optical device, binocular, camera, trail cam,. The device is considered their eyes... Youre illegal
If a flying craft or drone overhead spots you and you make no effort to cover yourself. You're illegal.
Of course being arrested and how it's finalized in court can differ. But is it a chance you want to take.

This post was edited