Camping In Sept.

Looking at Sept. 5 through Sept. 9.
So I will show up at Bottle Butte About noon on Thurs.
If people want to meet at Clint's Well at Noon then drive up . Let me know .

Directions from Phoenix:
North on I-17, exit at General Crooks trail in Camp Verde (Route 260). Stay on 260 until you reach State route 87. Turn north and follow directions from Payson.

Directions from Payson:
Take State Route 87 north from Payson about 40 miles to Clint's Well , turn left on Forest Highway 3 (paved road - sign says "To Flagstaff"). Go north on FH3 to FR692 (between marker 304 & 305). Enter the gate , but be sure to close it after you. Go .3 mile and take the first right, on FR 938. Go .2 mile to Y junction, take a right, then approximately .2 mile to the campground. Watch for Red & Blue Ribbons till you see the signs. Saying no wood or charcoal fires and Nude Campers

Directions from Flagstaff:
Exit I-17 at Exit 339. Go south on (Lake Mary road) FH3. Past Happy Jack,( between mile marker 305 & 304). Enter gate red and blue ribbons,but sure to close it after you. Go .3 mile and take the first right on FR 938. Go .2 mile to Y junction, take a right, then approximately .2 mile to the campground.
Watch for Red and Blue Ribbons, then signs saying "No wood or charcoal fires" then" Nude Campers"
Last time I was out here I saw a Robin, Falcon, Coyotes, just missed the Elk, Squirrels and Chipmunks. Big meadow, the start off a canyon. A old logging camp. Pine Trees and green everywhere.
Oh also topo map"Happy Jack, Ariz."

This topic was edited
RE:Camping In Sept.

Well getting packed. To go camping. Its surprising how much you do need even though its nude camping. The propane fire pit sure worked out good last time. No wood smoke in camp or on your body .
Cant wait to meet new people that like to camp. Later Jim

This post was edited

I wish we could meet you up there but it just will not work this time. Hopefully you will have another soon that we can join you on. I found the small propane tent heater, set on a folding table inside the tent kept us nudist comfortable even when the temps are down to freezing outside. So we can handle winter camping with ease.
Dane

This post was edited

What sort of facilities are there? flush/pit/no toilet? Is there water? Is this up in the Pines?
Thanks

This post was edited

Well it is National Forest.
You dig a hole Put your ass over it and let nature happen. lol
I bring a handicap toilet, and dig a hole . It helps a lot.

This post was edited

I assume no water either? Also, are there any fees ? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to be prepared and not make any bad assumptions.

This post was edited

I guess I could have tried to be puny and say I don't want to be caught with my pants down. Okay, bad pun, I know

This post was edited

Thats camping. In Texas you have your own concrete pad, 5ft from some one else. Arizona is large and free from the textile world.
I hiked for 4 days last month and never put clothes on. One of the guys rode up naked on his motorcycle. Yeah what a way to say I belong

This post was edited

Less than 24 hours to go and get the F out of here.

This post was edited

Hi Jim, I will stop by to see you and Marie on Saturday.

This post was edited

Sounds good see you later

This post was edited