Join the Club

I spent the past couple of days (well a few hours each day) at MAR. Yesterday, I hiked around the woods. What a beautiful place. So many trails to explore.

I went back today with the intent to explore some more but I started the membership process yesterday. As part of the process, you have to meet at least 6 people on the membership committee and let them know who you are and what you are about. I just so happened that today was a membership meeting and the committee was there and I was able to meet with all of them. So I am on my way to joining the club!

This topic was edited
RE:Join the Club

Wow interesting membership process

This post was edited

Wow interesting membership process

Yes, I thought I would have to be interviewed by the membership committee. This was more personal and gave each of them the opportunity to get to know more about me and weather I would be a good fit for the club.

This post was edited

The but still be one of those old school club operations then. No such process at the place I got membership. They run background check that you pay for. Pay the membership free and done. I am sure there were conversations behind the scenes but no formal interview.

This post was edited

They also have a male female ratio that they try to keep so joining without my wife may mean that I have to go on a waiting list.

This post was edited

Oh that is ver y old school club rules. Wife wont join you even just on the application.

This post was edited

Oh that is ver y old school club rules. Wife wont join you even just on the application.

We talked about it. Her thought was that she will not go as much as i will and that it would not be worth the cost.

This post was edited

I received my official acceptance letter but have been waitlisted.

This post was edited

I received my official acceptance letter but have been waitlisted.

Because of the single men quota?

This post was edited

Because of the single men quota?

Correct.

I was told that there were at least 2 men before me but that was before this last membership meeting. I dont know where I am in the que.

This post was edited

Because of the single men quota?Correct.I was told that there were at least 2 men before me but that was before this last membership meeting. I dont know where I am in the que.

Honestly I am stymied by that. Part of how clubs function that makes very little sense these days. Well good luck hope you get moved through the line quickly.

This post was edited