Peak District - Oyster Clough

Attached is a walk I tried out last week. It is based on walk 3298 on the walking Britain site. There is free parking at "Hope Woodland Carpark, Hope Valley" which is on google maps for easy directions. I did this on a sunny Friday and there was only 3 or 4 cars in the car park and people were crossing the road to walk in the woods. I didn't see anyone on the walk I did, not even anyone at a distance.

https://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walk-3298-map

After the first part of the walk which was on a path, I then just walked across the moors following the contour.

The 3298 walk gets you to walk along the edge of the hill for good views. I stayed slightly higher and further into the moors for more privacy on the way out, but on the way back I was more confident and dropped down to the hill edge and walked back with the better views, but this is more of a risk as being on the edge of the hill you are in view of anybody below. But like I said I didn't see a soul.

This topic was edited
RE:Peak District - Oyster Clough

Looks like a good one, will have to try it.

This post was edited

Thanks for posting that. I have just looked it up on the OS map and it does look like a walk well worth doing. All I need now to make it perfect is a naked companion or two, plus warmer weather, of course; roll on Summer!

This post was edited

I could be up for this one when it gets warmer!

This post was edited