Coffee when it's hot outside.

It was 2003 and I was deployed to Iraq. Imagine 110+ F in the shade. While on duty wearing full uniform and armor. In a closed up armored vehicle with no A/C. I found that drinking hot coffee or water would warm up the insides and make you feel cooler on the outside. Anyone else not able to drink cold coffee. I just won't do it.

This topic was edited
RE:Coffee when it's hot outside.

I found that drinking hot coffee or water would warm up the insides and make you feel cooler on the outside. Anyone else not able to drink cold coffee. I just won't do it.
I remember as a kid, my parents would occasionally have ice coffee. I never developed a taste for it though. I like mine hot but not when I'm hot on the outside. I've tried it and it makes me even hotter. I even tried hot coffee in a hot tub once. I won't be needin' to try that again. I could barely walk when I got out. My legs felt like wet noodles.
Nothin' like hot coffee in the mornings though. Especially on cool mornings (just not in a hot tub lol!)

This post was edited

Amp, thank you for your service! I agree that drinking it hot even on a warm day can make it seem cooler! Nothing beats a cup of coffee naked either!

This post was edited

We didn't have sippy cups when I was little. We did have straws and I think the first time I had coffee was when I was 5 or maybe a little younger. The coffee I drank was weak because of the milk and sugar and was barely warm. Summer rolled around and my mother would make me the same mix of coffee, milk and sugar and throw some ice cubes in it and send me out on the porch with a metal/aluminum tumbler and straw. She drank iced coffee during the summer but always started her days with hot coffee.

I will drink iced coffee now and then. It's the taste I'm after not so much the temp. I haven't had sugar in my coffee in over 40 years. I do use non dairy creamer but very little so my coffee almost looks black. Not sure why I don't care for black coffee as much. I don't do coffee in the hot tub very often but I have done it a few times. I prefer whiskey or Sambuca with coffee beans!

This post was edited