Nudity on Playlinda

this was posted on Canaveral National Seashore Facebook page today.

Diane J. :I wish the park service would do something about the nudists out there. Theyre starting to come to parking lot 11. Yesterday a woman walked right up on #11 walkover before she put her clothes on. Isnt parking lot 12 and 13 enough for them?

This kind of thing will get the beach closed to all of us nudist. Please tell your friends to respect the textiles and stay at 12 & 13.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudity on Playlinda

One thing i wondered as I've only been to the beach twice. Is #12 understood to be a nude section as well. Last time as i was leaving i stopped by #12 just to look but there was only a few people and clothed but it was a weekday so maybe it only flows over to 12 on the weekends.

This post was edited

this was posted on Canaveral National Seashore Facebook page today.Diane J. :I wish the park service would do something about the nudists out there. Theyre starting to come to parking lot 11. Yesterday a woman walked right up on #11 walkover before she put her clothes on. Isnt parking lot 12 and 13 enough for them?This kind of thing will get the beach closed to all of us nudist. Please tell your friends to respect the textiles and stay at 12 & 13.

She asks the question isnt 12 and 13 enough, and clearly it isnt as they routinely fill to capacity and nudists must park at 11. What the park service should do about it is make it clear that 11-13 are clothing optional. How often are those lots completely full while 1-10 are half full at most? Clearly there is demand for more nude beach parking as share of the total parking and certainly it would be good to not surprise the textiles at 11, so post the signs starting there. I hope you replied to her Facebook post!

This post was edited

Parking has always been the issue there and moreso at Apollo. But we also have a situation too that isnt just parking. I've seen this as I'm sure many others have and or do.. They get parked, get over to the beach and God forbid they be by anybody else or if so they dont get a warm wrlcome because they may be trespassing someone's lines. Another problem is some nudists have to show. They venture as close as they can to the textiles in order to be seen. If the nude area extended to 8 they push the limits to 7. When one gets away with it someone else will try it too. And last, it doesn't take much common sense to see someone having to walk to or from their cars from a textile lot. Stop and give them a lift to or from. I have many times. If everyone would work together maybe we wouldn't look like the bad guys.

This post was edited

Question: How many parking spots do you think are at each access? And if lots 12 and 13 are full how many nudists do you think are on the beach? I've never been there but have been to Apollo which has very limited parking. Always went really early to make sure I got a spot.

This post was edited

There is a whole lot more beach than there is parking at each access. It'd be great to not be limited and use any of the 13 beaches. But in reality sense we can't but if others would band together a lot of problems there could be resolved. Apollo on the other hand. It needs way more parking and beach

This post was edited

There is a whole lot more beach than there is parking at each access. It'd be great to not be limited and use any of the 13 beaches. But in reality sense we can't but if others would band together a lot of problems there could be resolved. Apollo on the other hand. It needs way more parking and beach

A lot more beach as in from the water to the dunes or in length? And are the people there friendlier than at Apollo? Other than when I went to meet members from here at Apollo I found it very hard to converse with other nudists. I'm a very social person. That's why I like to go to Cypress Cove instead although I love the beach and swimming/surfing nude. I guess since I am a single (wife doesn't go) maybe they think I have an ulterior motive. I wonder how the surf is compared to Apollo. I'm thinking I need to check it out.

This post was edited

Yes, nudists are straying south of lot 13 and jeopardizing the use of the beach for otherwise respectful nudists who have observed the traditional boundaries between nudist and textile for years. I have heard of two reports of unacceptable behavior occurring south of 13. One man was walking around with an erection. Another one had an erection and was getting close to children while leering at them. This is completely unacceptable. I can remember the bad old days when the Brevard Sheriff would enforce the county ordinance prohibiting public nudity at Playalinda. Since nudity is allowed in National Parks the park rangers have limited enforcement powers unless they spot lewd behavior. I don't know what the answer is unless we take the matter in our own hands and patrol south of 13 (while clothed). Confront unclothed people and remind them that nudity is traditionally not allowed south of 13 and that they are jeopardizing the continued tolerance of nudity at the beach. Maybe carry some preprinted flyers that explain this so as not to get into a hostile, verbal encounter. Maybe some better signage would help but that is out of our control.

This post was edited