Wheelchair accessibility + first timer questions

My wife and I hope to visit one of the c/o beaches while we are in the area(Daytona) the third week of March. I am a paraplegic and use a wheelchair full time. I have several questions so I will bullet them to make it a little easier to manage responses.so

-I see on the NPS website that a beach wheelchair is available for rent at Apollo Beach but not at Playalinda. However, the chair is at the visitors center, 5 1/2 miles away from access 5. Does anyone know if the employees will deliver the chair to access 5 parking? There's no way I could ask my wife to push a chair that far(the only other accessible access listed is access 1).

-I am working on finding a way to make my everyday wheelchair easier to use in sand just in case we can't get a beach chair to the c/o sections. The NPS website lists parking areas 2, 3,Eddy Creek, 10, 11, & 12 of Playalinda as accessible. I was scoping it out on Google maps and it appears that 13 and 12 both have ramps but 11 has steps. Can anyone that has been more recent help me verify which accesses have ramps and would still be considered the c/o section of Playalinda?

-Whether it is in a beach chair or my own, going long distances in the sand is difficult. At either beach, is going nude acceptable near the access ramp? I read somewhere a while back that if using Access 5 at Apollo, they recommended going south of the access a fair distance if planning to go nude but I don't know if that is the case or if that information was outdated.

This is all that I can think of at the moment but if you have any other information that might be helpful it would be greatly appreciated. If the Boyscouts think it is important to always be prepared, they should try living in a wheelchair! lol

This topic was edited
RE:Wheelchair accessibility + first timer questions

My wife and I hope to visit one of the c/o beaches while we are in the area(Daytona) the third week of March. I am a paraplegic and use a wheelchair full time. I have several questions so I will bullet them to make it a little easier to manage responses.so-I see on the NPS website that a beach wheelchair is available for rent at Apollo Beach but not at Playalinda. However, the chair is at the visitors center, 5 1/2 miles away from access 5. Does anyone know if the employees will deliver the chair to access 5 parking? There's no way I could ask my wife to push a chair that far(the only other accessible access listed is access 1).-I am working on finding a way to make my everyday wheelchair easier to use in sand just in case we can't get a beach chair to the c/o sections. The NPS website lists parking areas 2, 3,Eddy Creek, 10, 11, & 12 of Playalinda as accessible. I was scoping it out on Google maps and it appears that 13 and 12 both have ramps but 11 has steps. Can anyone that has been more recent help me verify which accesses have ramps and would still be considered the c/o section of Playalinda?-Whether it is in a beach chair or my own, going long distances in the sand is difficult. At either beach, is going nude acceptable near the access ramp? I read somewhere a while back that if using Access 5 at Apollo, they recommended going south of the access a fair distance if planning to go nude but I don't know if that is the case or if that information was outdated.This is all that I can think of at the moment but if you have any other information that might be helpful it would be greatly appreciated. If the Boyscouts think it is important to always be prepared, they should try living in a wheelchair! lol

1) Will NPS deliver beach wheel chair to lot #5? I doubt it but to be fair, you probably should call them. One problem would be if you dont have a parking spot or lot 5 you might not be able to use the beach chair anyway - cant reserve a parking spot. And no you dont want to roll/push a chair from the visitors center to lot 5.

2) C/O sections that are wheel chair accessible. I have no info on Playalinda.

3) Is nudity okay near the ramp? Ive seen it done but generally is not acceptable. And the lookie-loos like to stand on the ramp to gawk and take pictures. It is public and not illegal regardless of any signs. So if you dont want to be starring in their pics, its better to go south about 100 yards.

This post was edited