1911 Sidearm

Anyone else a fan of the 1911 platform? What brands do yall have?

This topic was edited
RE:1911 Sidearm

Im a fan of the 1911. Unfortunately, I dont own one. Yet. My goal is to buy one later this year chambered in 45 ACP. Rock Island Armorys GI series is appealing, except for the sights. I want 3 dot sights for a better sight picture. Im also leaning towards a 4.25 barrel. The two models that fit my criteria and budget the best are the Sig Sauer Nightmare(Fastback) and the Ruger SR1911 with a black finish. Im not sure Ill carry a 1911 due the the weight and size. But, if it was good enough for a soldier to defend himself with, it should be good for anyone else.

This post was edited

Im a fan of the 1911. Unfortunately, I dont own one. Yet. My goal is to buy one later this year chambered in 45 ACP.

Have you gotten a 1911 yet? I too, am a fan of the 1911 platform, so I am wondering what you may have decided on and why.

This post was edited

I havent acquired any handguns this year, so far. Prices are inflated and ammo is sometimes scarce.

This post was edited

Thanks for the reply. I hear you on people going nuts lately on buying up guns & ammo that they had never wanted before. I found me a Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911 back in Feb. at a gun show for under $500. Haven't had any problems with it so far. I did take the time to polish the feed ramp just for S&G's, though.

This post was edited

Sounds like you got a good deal. Youd probably pay at least $150 more for that firearm right now.

This post was edited

Youd probably pay at least $150 more for that firearm right now.

No I wouldn't, for $150 more he would have kept it, even right now. I wasn't really looking to buy one that day, but for the price point I decided to go ahead and get it. Got a few magazines for it from another vendor, too.

This post was edited

Anyone else a fan of the 1911 platform? What brands do yall have?

What brand do YOU have? You never mentioned that. What caliber is it chambered for?

This post was edited

I have 3 1911 pistols, a Colt series 70 Gold Cup in 45 ACP, an Armscor 45 ACP, and an RIA 38 Super.

This post was edited

A 1911 is the next pistol I will buy. I love the gun and my goal is to buy a Colt that looks like one carried in the military. I also want a nylon od green holster.

This post was edited

my goal is to buy a Colt that looks like one carried in the military.

Most ALL 1911's in stock form look like the ones carried by the military(when they were carrying them), regardless of manufacturer. So it won't make a difference in appearance if it is made by Colt, Springfield Armory, Rock Island Armory, Remington, ATI, etc. As long as it has a parkerized or blued finish and no exposed stainless steel and unneeded engraving, then it will still LOOK like the military issue 1911. Colt WAS NOT the only company to make them for the U.S. military during WW2, as they weren't able to keep up with demand at the time. Some of the companies mentioned above also made them to the same quality specifications that Colt was held to. ALL of the parts from ALL the manufacturers had to be directly interchangeable with each other without the need of a gun smith to make them work properly.

This post was edited