Google suspended the club's business listing

I don't know that we particularly wanted a business listing, we asked for the listing because the address for the club wasn't searchable on Google maps, so the club was a pain in the ass to find. by creating the listing we were able to pin the address on Google maps. It took over 6 weeks to get that done because we had to verify the location.

The Google listing showed it only as Club - 33, categorized as a country club. we found it was kind of handy because all I had to do is give someone my phone number they could Google it and it would take them right to the club.

so we decided we would stick our necks out and Link the Google business listing to the club web site, obviously this would pose a problem because anybody could find the club, but we thought it would be worth a try at least in the short-term.

In any case, when I linked the website to the Google listing and it went to Google for review, within about 15 minutes they had the business listing shut down and suspended. it didn't affect the website because we're on a GoDaddy server. but the business listing has now vanished from the search engines.

The address for the club is now searchable on Google maps, so I suppose the primary mission was accomplished. Google has a silly prudish policy against linking to sites that contain nudity. Although if you search Google images you can get any sexually explicit image you'd like, clearly Google's policy is a fallacy of logic.

The business listing could have been helpful in finding new members interested in nude Recreation, but I suppose as the site grows and becomes more searchable they will find us anyways.

So I suppose at the end of the day we're better off than we started......

This topic was edited
RE:Google suspended the club's business listing

And we might be able to revisit it with Google, perhaps if the listing was in place with just key words and no link to the website? Or have another website that it links to that doesn't have nudity. But I haven't really gotten time to look into it yet.

I'm just glad at least now the address is searchable on Google maps so now when we give it to somebody they'll be able to find it. before we corrected the address, Google maps would stack that address, on another address that's over a mile away, that compounded the problem because then the person following maps didn't know they were being led to the wrong address.

so that's why I'm not really to upset with Google suspending it, I'm just glad we got the address debacle squared away!

Now at least if a newcomer shows up naked, they'll be at the right address!

This post was edited
RE:Google suspended the club's business listing

Even if you dont do a business listing on most map apps there is a button, link or something where you can report mapping errors. Ive had to use that on Google maps, Apple maps, and one other I cant think of right now. They all had a community center we were using in somewhat different places but essentially two long blocks away from where it actually is and in a residential area for that matter. After about two weeks all of them were corrected after they verified the needed change.

This post was edited