Vancouver WA spare bedroom available

I have an extra bedroom in the house I live in to rent out. It is not a huge bedroom, but it is reasonable (Approximately 11'x11', so you could fit a queen bed, and still have some room left over). I am looking for someone who is drama-free. The room is available now. The room is for just ONE person; the room really isn't big enough for two and that is not what I am looking for. Don't be homophobic. Be cool with small dogs; I don't have one now but am trying to get one. If that sounds like you and you need a place, then drop me a note. Male or female doesn't matter. I have a washer/dryer you could use, a bathroom which you would share and of course you would be able to use the kitchen and so on. We have WiFi but no cable/satellite (the DISH is still there, so if you wanted to start service you could, but I don't see the point of the extra expense). Rent would be $425 plus $75 for utilities (because the heat is set low, so if you need it really warm in the winter, then the utilities portion will need to go up). Within easy walking distance of many places, plus bus stops are very close. We have AC. We are in a nice quiet and safe neighborhood. NON-SMOKERS only, no drug users, and you will need to pass a tenant screening (which you will pay for).

Who lives here now? I am a retired BiWM in my 50s, and I spend a lot of time out of the house playing board games with friends. Well, before this whole COVID-19 thing started anyway. The other roommate is a 30 y/o GWM, very quiet and in his room playing games on his computer. I'm the nudist; he is not.

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I will probably not allow pets. Also, there will be a damage deposit due equal to a month's rent, and first/last/damage deposit will be due upon move-in (I am willing to work with you on that though). This will be a month-to-month lease, so you are not committed to staying (but if we get along, then by all means, please do!).

The room is on the verge of needing to be repainted. It is "passable" now, but if you absolutely hate the way it looks, I would be open to letting you paint it yourself (in an approved color, of course) and we can split the cost or something (we could negotiate that part of it).

This topic was edited
No replies yet.