My Book Club

My book club has had to resort to meeting via Zoom as we are more than 10 people. Not as satisfying as meeting in person but at least it keeps us reading. We just did the Tattooist of Auschwitz and will do Little Fires Everywhere this month.

This topic was edited
RE:My Book Club

What did you think the Auschwitz book? I have heard good things

This post was edited

It is a very good book based on real people.

This post was edited

Little Fires Everywhere caused a lively discussion. Nearly a 50-50 split on love, hate. I found it difficult to get into as I could not find a large print version, the library was closed, and the paperback has very small print. I did get a Talking Book version and was struggling to get into that. I had not finished the book by the time of the meeting and was encouraged by several not to put myself through the trauma of trying to finish it.
I determined that there were too many characters with severe psychotic problems for one book.
Our next book, Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson, will likely be an easier read.

This post was edited

We are doing The Food Explorer this month and I have heard from one member that they couldn't get into it. I personally found it interesting. Next month we will be reading Where the Crawdads Sing.

This post was edited

Everyone liked Where the Crawdads Sing, however, our next book, My Brilliant Friend, proved a difficult read for most and did not get rave reviews from our group. We felt that something must have been lost in the translation. Our October book to read is The Silent Patient. Our ZOOM meetings are being attended by more than half of the group each time.

This post was edited