Sex with Google

Google screwed me again. They manually altered the search results. it seems to be related with the Google business listing because every time that's altered, our search results get kicked back to the bottom of the page.

Earlier this week the search results were hitting the top of the page. With keywords, zorrogarden, Club 33 naked, nude Recreation Montana, club 33 montana, any of those searches would put us at the absolute top of the page, today we're at the bottom of the first search page with the exception of club33naked. There's no way that happened as a result of search algorithms someone had to go in and manually change it.

At first I thought Balboa Park used its clout to have the searches altered, because our page was getting more hits than their zorrogarden. but after noticing that the other searches had also been altered it seems likely it had to have been Google.

Moreover they appear to have hidden the business listing. If I enter in the Club address, it will only show the location and make no reference to the club. but if I search for a country club in Bridger Montana it will show the club with the name and the same address. And they seem to have altered it so the phone number is not searchable, with the first business listing all you had to do was enter my phone number and the club location would be at the top of the page, now it's not even on the page.

I thought it would add a sense of credibility to the club with a boob Google listing since you do have to verify a physical address.

but if Google is going to alter the search results there really isn't any point in their "help". I might as well just dump the business listing and allow the search algorithms to take their course and put us back on the top of the page,

Legally I guess Google can do whatever it wants after all it is their search engine, but legal doesn't make it right and Google is certainly engaging in deceptive and vengeful business practice.

our domain server is through GoDaddy they have us classified as a country club, according to them, we are in the top 98% of Web Hits in that category.

I am told that Google is backed up because of the virus scam demek, but I'm not really buying that because if they didn't have time to plug in the searches for the phone number or the club name, how did they find time to alter the results.

so I think I'm going to dump the Google listing but I'll ponder it over the weekend. Because it takes a couple weeks to set it up if for some reason I have to relist it.

And it's not just a conspiracy theory, because when I linked the club website to the last Google business listing, Google deleted the business listing and suspended the account in less than 10 minutes flat. Clearly, Google does not approve of this type of Club.

This topic was edited
RE:Sex with Google

Im sure I have a bunch of typos I'm just too pissed to go back and edit it right now...... We got those top search results because so many people mention the club and others would search for it. so there's a lot of effort on a lot of people's part and Google completely wiped it out with a stroke of a keyboard.

but I guess the important thing is that the people that are looking for us will still be able to find us, they'll just have to scroll down a little further.

This post was edited

Maybe try letting other users add a missing place to google maps? Could be interesting experiment.
I just looked up a couple of known clothing optional places on google maps and it clearly says they are clothing optional places, so it is possible. Google doesnt say it in their area, but user reviews and user submitted information must go in there somewhere to be surfaced to the end user.
Example:
Lupin Lodge California
Sunsport Gardens doesnt seem to mention nudity but is a known Naturist community
Overall. I wouldnt worry much about search results. Likely most are going to hear about the place through networking in person and on social networks such as this site.
Glad the weather is getting warmer
Take care and happy nakedness,
Jeremy

This post was edited

I suspect Google's primary issue is the clear full frontal nudity on our site. because Google had no issues and everything was searchable until we linked our website to the Google business listing.

when I linked the website to the Google business listing, 10 minutes later it was shut down and the listing was suspended, they cited violation of terms of use.

Google's terms of use do prohibited sexual content, they are apparently confusing frontal nudity with sexual content.

then Google locked us out of that listing and we couldn't even get an explanation, it's just locked and removed from the web. So I opened an entirely new listing, and of course they know it's the same people. because the name and the email addresses are the same. And they've essentially made the club unsearchable.

the part that upsets me is that they've obviously manually altered the search results, and the top of the page search results was something that we earned, fair and square, and it's a prize that they've taken away.

your idea of adding the reviews is a good one. We have tried to add Google reviews, but so far Google hasn't allowed them to show publicly. So Google is either running behind or they are blackballing us.

We will have to see how things shake out.

This post was edited

There is a huge number of parameters that determine where your search results show up on a Google search. The complexity is enough that there are companies that specialize in SEO or Search Engine Optimization. Some of the things that affect it are your directory listings accuracy and number of. These are listings in free places l8ke yellowpages.com, bing, Apple Maps, etc. there are hundreds of these sites. Another is the relevance of your web page to the keywords being used, this is an art form in getting the right words on your page and still have it all make sense. You might want to look into Google Analytics, its a chunk ofj avascript you bury in your pages that helps collect inform. How users got to your page., what keywords were used, what part of the world they are in etc. Im pretty sure Google Analytics is free to anyone, Ive just used it in conjunction with Google AdWords which are the paid ads.

This post was edited

I think in my long-winded ramblings my point may have been missed.

We were already number one in the Google search results. We were the very top listing on the page in certain keyword searches. Now, those same keyword searches we have been omitted entirely or kicked back to the second page. (and we were kicked back or removed overnight after Google reviewed our business listing)

Here are two examples. With the keyword of only"zorrogarden" . Would return the search result with our web page being at the top of the first page. Now it's been kicked to the second page, and that was the day after Google reviewed our business listing. Conversely using the same keywords to search on Yahoo, We Are The number 3 listing, and Balboa Park is just above us. Google had to have done that manually because the Google search results changed overnight moving us back an entire page some 20 search results further down.

If we searched "club 33 Montana" on Google our club was the number one search result, the very top of the page, again overnight using the same keywords our club was completely omitted from the google results. And switching to a Yahoo search engine, the same keyword search puts us at the very top of the page. Again Google had to have manually removed us from there search results. That wouldn't have happened organically, and certainly not overnight.

Now for the Google business listing. If you search for my phone number 307-254-4444 we were at the very top search result for the Google business listing. Now, after Google has reinstated our listing, a search for the same phone number returns 0 results (relating to Google's business listing) , even though that's the number listed on the Google business listing. Google had to have hidden that phone number from the search results that's the only way that could have happened. and searching the Google business listing will confirm that that is in fact the same phone number, the fact that the phone number is not searchable as connected with the Google ad, is a clear indication that Google hid that phone number intentionally from the search results.

This post was edited

I will post a screenshot if TN will let me.

When I use an incognito tab and search "zorrogarden" , Google returned zero search results, that is impossible especially since we registered the domain zorrogarden.com .

Of course when I click the blue tab to show the omitted results (these are the results that Google omitted) after clicking on the tab, our club consumes all 10 of the top listings.

I think it's pretty clear that Google is doing this intentionally.

This post was edited

Now, here is a screenshot from after I click the blue tab to show the results that Google omitted.

And here after the Google omitted results are shown we are again in the top place.

For some reason, Google has decided to hide my site from its earned top search results.

This post was edited

Yeah from your description it sure sounds like some flag or something got set that changes Googles ranking and listing of your site. Im not sure on organic search side but on paid AdWords Googles phone support has usually been quite Good at explaining what needs to be done to improve search results. You might also look into setting up Google Analytics if you can as it could be quite informative.

This post was edited