RE:Conservative Christian an oxymoron???

If you include contributions to their own churches, members of conservative churches are far more charitable than mailine or Catholic Christians.Do you have a source reference for that? It may be true but I have a hard time believing it being part of a large church or a mainline church as you might call it and the giving is huge. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in a single service second offering for a special cause is not uncommon. This is not the only church of this type I have experienced with.
This one notes that Evangelical Protestants and Mormons (two conservative groups) give the most.
https://www.americamagazine.org/content/unconventional-wisdom/blue-states-get-dinged-almanac-american-philanthropy

This post was edited

I work in the non-profit world. The fact that observant religious people are more charitable is a well-known fact confirmed by multiple studies, for example see this article.

This post was edited

You're confusing two different uses of the word conservative:

Theological: adhering to the faith as historically defined.
Political: adhering to the traditional understanding of the nation.

Obviously, there is considerable overlap among the US population, but they are not the same.

This post was edited

"As a group, Conservative Christians are the most charitable when you look at what they give their money to. That is completely consistent with what Jesus said. He never said you should give your money to the government and let them worry about it."My opinion also.I be curious if thats accurate. Not that Christians are more charitable, but *conservative* Christians. I am and know many Christians that are charitable but would never consider ourselves as conservative Christians. We might say centrist or something like that. I do know some liberal Christians as well and know they are very charitable.

These statistics are about a decade old but I don't think they have changed all that significantly (although I believe I readMyanmar has now surpassed the US in being the most charitable country per capita).
https://veritasdomain.wordpress.com/2009/12/19/american-charity-statistics-for-2009/

This post was edited

I Being charitable goes beyond any religion. Being charitable is part of being human. I live in a country where Christians does not exits and there are groups and organizations four Charity. Anyway any conservative closed minded disrespected groups who believe they have the absolute true should extinguish.

Absolute truth, now that is an oxymoron.

Religion for those who have faith gives them purpose. If they use that purpose to help themselves and others then its worthwhile. If they use it to exclude and oppress then its worthless.

For those without faith, being good feels so much better than being bad.
It amounts to the same thing but it leaves you free on whatever sabbath you dont believe in, to have fun.

This post was edited