Needing that Time in the Tent

With the loss of my truck, my wife and I have not been able to venture out into the forests as much or as often as we use too. Truth be told, I don't know who has it worse: me as the hunter needing to scout and lay feed for the game or my wife being Wiccan and needing that connection with Mother Earth. Well, our luck turned around for us... sort of.

My wife's best friend is married to a fellow Marine. He just retired after 20 years (lucky... the Obama Plan forced me out at 12). Anyway, his parents offered to take their three kids back to the farm for two weeks so they could have some alone time and to be able to fix up the house without them there. And since the Strawberry Full Moon would be out, the wives saw it as a chance to worship in the backyard in their own way... naked. So that day, they brought us over. The wives went about preparing themselves for this religious ceremony while the guys were hard at work: cleaning out the garage, the kitchen, setting up the tent in the backyard, and chopping the firewood.

After the wives did their thing (which we left them to do in privacy), we all stripped down and enjoyed the cool Carolina breeze while sitting around the fire. After much conversation and drinks, we all retired to the comfort of the air mattress in the tent. I don't know if it was the weather, the fact that we were outside, or the company... but we all passed out fast and hard.

I woke up late the next morning to find that everyone else was already up and making breakfast. I can not recall the last time I was that relaxed. The cool Carolina breeze was still traveling across my skin through the tent mess. The song birds were preforming their daily melody. And the air mattress had leaked enough that I sank so perfectly into it that I dared not move. But... breakfast was teasing my sense of smell too well. So I got up and grounded my bare feet into the grass of the yard and quietly thanked God for a night and a morning well needed.

This topic was edited
RE:Needing that Time in the Tent

I woke up late the next morning to find that everyone else was already up and making breakfast. I can not recall the last time I was that relaxed. The cool Carolina breeze was still traveling across my skin through the tent mess. The song birds were preforming their daily melody. And the air mattress had leaked enough that I sank so perfectly into it that I dared not move. But... breakfast was teasing my sense of smell too well. So I got up and grounded my bare feet into the grass of the yard and quietly thanked God for a night and a morning well needed.

WOW!!! Sounds amazing! Your description made me feel I was there.

This post was edited