Needing that Time with Nature

With the loss of my truck, my wife and I have not been able to venture out into the forests as much or as often as we use too. Truth be told, I don't know who has it worse: me as the hunter needing to scout and lay feed for the game or my wife being Wiccan and needing that connection with Mother Earth. Well, our luck turned around for us... sort of.

My wife's best friend is married to a fellow Marine. He just retired after 20 years (lucky... the Obama Plan forced me out at 12). Anyway, his parents offered to take their three kids back to the farm for two weeks so they could have some alone time and to be able to fix up the house without them there. And since the Strawberry Full Moon would be out, the wives saw it as a chance to worship in the backyard in their own way... naked. So that day, they brought us over. The wives went about preparing themselves for this religious ceremony while the guys were hard at work: cleaning out the garage, the kitchen, setting up the tent in the backyard, and chopping the firewood.

As moon rise occurred, the guys left the area to chat while the wives went about worshiping in privacy. Later on, the guys rejoined our wives, we all stripped down, and spent the rest of the night enjoying the cool Carolina breeze while sitting around the fire.

This topic was edited
RE:Needing that Time with Nature

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story. By the way Semper Fi. Graham/Rugman got me after a training accident in 88. I 89 I was medically discharged after a short 8 months despite fighting the discharge. I have been actively pagan for about 25 years now and have no one I have been able to find to have a ritual with. Especially a full moon ritual. I am a solitary but not by choice and the misses is just not that active. Again thanks for sharing cause I know the need from both points of view about not getting out into the natural surroundings.
Ceilidh

This post was edited