Fellow Black nudists: How are you doing?

I wanted to make a post to see how my brothers and sisters are doing? This is a very tense time, and I'm excited for change and anxious about the growing pains in showing this country the unhealed scars of white supremacy and racism.

But this post isn't about that. I want to know how you all are taking care of yourselves, especially when group gatherings aren't happening. I'm staying involved in group chats with friends, playing video games, and catching up on The Last Dance. We also broke down and ordered a Peloton so we can get some exercise and stay in shape.

Self-care is important, and since our Black Lives Matter we have to take care of them. How are you all holding up?

This topic was edited
RE:Fellow Black nudists: How are you doing?

There has been a lot going on these past few months. We are holding up well. I have been still able to work although not as much as before. The wife has been off. She and her cousins have a weekly video chat and they walk at different parks. I ride my bike early mornings before heading out for the day. Watched a lot of streams including Homecoming.

I hope that all are staying safe. If you are protesting, please dont antagonize others. State your point and move on. A Change is Gonna Come

This post was edited

Rafael_latino:

I humbly disagree. A lot of change had happened in the past few weeks that wasn't previously happening. Legislature, reform, discussions... all things that could have happened years ago because none of these issues are new.

Apparently people had to tear shit up to get results. Sucks to be hard headed, I guess.

Regardless, I'd like to focus more on self-care than protest tactics.

This post was edited

I think you both are correct. Thats sad that folks resulted to being destructive for change to occur. Here in NC, there are Confederate monuments Being removed all because some White folks are finally getting the picture that the confederacy represents hatred and discrimination. Like Raphael, I think, I wish it could have been done peacefully with the same end result. Now I will say that there were rioters to Vandalize one of the black American museums in Greensboro, NC and a few grocery stores in the predominantly black area which I definitely did not understand that purpose. Change is way overdue

This post was edited

Actually, I am good. Yes there is a lot going on. And for the first time ever, we are seeing the world PISSED OFF at a lot of bullshit that is going on. It is a great time to be alive. There is a SHIFT happening, which is biblical [I believe: wanna know, read your bibles "the first shall be last, the last shall be first"] and this scares a lot of OLDER white people. Shit getting burned down....just like BLACK WALL STREET, ROSEWOOD and so many other stories LOST in ameriKKKan history, it is what it is.

And again, I am still good. Wasssup my fellow Black nakeds? How are YALL doing?

OH, been working from home since Mid-March and loving it and yes, that means, ALL DAY BUTT-BOOTY-NAKED...until I gotta leave the house anyway.

This post was edited

America was born out of an armed protest. Years of negotiations with the King produced nothing. I to dont like to hear that people riot and destroy property but you can not argue with its success.

The saddest part is that some of these larger companies will not return to communities that are in need because they fear being looted or burned out.

This post was edited

I am fortunate to live in New Hampshire where the direct impact from Covid-19 is comparatively mild. We are fortunate to have a multitude of outdoor activities that promote interaction while still maintaining social distancing. The naked hikes have been wonderful !

This post was edited

The most important question I think is : can you live in peace, without problems with stupid blackophobic and cruel policemen!

This post was edited

I'm based in Detroit which is both a COVID hotspot and a site of major uprising activity. Even before the Pandemic, my santuary has been the outdoors. Though I haven't participated in the marches much, I'm proud that citizens are saying and doing what the political leadership in this country are too scared or too corrupt to do. I see what's been going on not as a particular moment but as a part of a centuries-long struggle all over the world against the oppression of the state. That being said, the virus is still out there and our healthcare system's bias against the poor and POCs worries me. It's an election year, which means the fight for equality is far from over. "All power to all the people"

This post was edited

Rafael_latino:I humbly disagree. A lot of change had happened in the past few weeks that wasn't previously happening. Legislature, reform, discussions... all things that could have happened years ago because none of these issues are new.Apparently people had to tear shit up to get results. Sucks to be hard headed, I guess.Regardless, I'd like to focus more on self-care than protest tactics.. Its ok if you disagree. For you, maybe its ok all what is happening in those protests. For me the purpose its excellent but the way some people protest is not effective or intelligent.

I also wish that we could get here in a more peaceful way, and that so much tension wasn't needed to produce change. It shouldn't have to be this way.

This post was edited

I'm based in Detroit which is both a COVID hotspot and a site of major uprising activity. Even before the Pandemic, my santuary has been the outdoors. Though I haven't participated in the marches much, I'm proud that citizens are saying and doing what the political leadership in this country are too scared or too corrupt to do. I see what's been going on not as a particular moment but as a part of a centuries-long struggle all over the world against the oppression of the state. That being said, the virus is still out there and our healthcare system's bias against the poor and POCs worries me. It's an election year, which means the fight for equality is far from over. "All power to all the people"

I've been to a few marches but I've been keeping my distance for health concerns. But like you my sanctuary has always been outdoors, walking about, and especially being naked in nature. To me it connects me to the planet in a way that leaves no room for anti-Blackness and every other stress I feel burdened by. It's an anchor that I'm going without this year, and since Seattle is rainy most of the year I don't know what will become of me.

This post was edited