As of June 19, 2020, nudity will not be prohibited at Split Rock

Ok, I have been following lots of post of members of my club who are regulars who comes to this site. I have wrote an official email to the people in charge to find out why they are doing this. But, I just want to warn anyone who see this, that we might have lost another beach. I am hoping it is temporary, but I fear it might not be?

This topic was edited
RE:As of June 19, 2020, nudity will not be prohibited at Split Rock

I was there last week and there was no hint of it. Today, there were signs and apparently a ranger warned some people they couldn't be naked there anymore - I was doing a bit of naked hiking at that moment. I did ask a ranger and he cited families. Then I went to the Visitor Center and talked to the director. He says that's how it's going to be going forward. I have a membership, and he said he'd refund it, so it looks like it's over.

Not sure where else to go in my area. I live in Orange County. Seems like options are Sandy Hook, if it's open, and Vermont. Or further north.

This post was edited

Is there a misspelling in the title of this topic? From the previous posts, it appears that the title should be "As of June 19, 2020, nudity will now be prohibited at Split Rock" or "As of June 19, 2020, nudity will not be allowed at Split Rock".

This post was edited

That's unfortunate. I went there with spme friends a few years ago and it was a nice place. Did not see any inappropriate behavior.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy