Starting school

Any thoughts about the plans to push the CDC recommendations aside and start school like normal? I am 64 soon to be 65 and I work in a school as a teaching associate. I am concerned and may decide to call it quits. I just don't see how you can keep people safe if people are going to the beach and sharing the virus.

This topic was edited
RE:Starting school

I teach at the local community college, and my courses are being shifted to a "realtime/synchronous" schedule meaning, I will be on campus to teach in a studio while my students will be at home on Zoom, but the classes are scheduled on the same days and times as if they were in the classroom. The idea is that it will make it easier to shift to on-campus classes if the Governor of NY allows the change. Only students who have hands-on labs will be allowed on campus. Thankfully, teaching history means no labs sessions for me. This means I will be on campus 2 days a week from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm, to cover my class sessions and handle the online learning system (computer) portions from home. In considering what amount of time that will require, I will be dressed only about 6 hours per week...so I *almost* get to teach in the nude (I have no video capability at home, so will be grading papers and monitoring discussion boards rather than active teaching there.) If I can get the hang of this process, I may be able to take on completely online courses next semester where I don't have to "live" teach, thus achieving the being able to teach naked for a full semester :)

This post was edited