Living at the lake

Unless I'm mistaken, it appears as if I'm the only member of this group that actually lives at Lake Powell. There is housing available at Bullfrog, Halls Crossing and even Dangling Rope- just for employees of NPS or Aramark. But Page,AZ is the only actual town that sits on the lake. For those of you that are interested, there are plenty of videos and info out there that explain the formation of this community, built for the workers that constructed the Glen Canyon Dam. Lake Powell itself is the 2nd largest reservoir in the U.S. behind Lake Mead ( Las Vegas). The damming of the Colorado River is still controversial for many reasons, but the result is a lake that stretches almost 100 miles from Hite, Utah to Page,AZ . I have explored a lot of the lake and am anxious to explore even more. My boat is old and funky looking, but it carries all the gear I need including kayaks and a spare motor. It provides me with shade and shelter when it storms.
The incredible beauty of this place calls for being one with nature, it's such an incredible feeling to be naked in the clear, warm water under the blue sky and intense sunlight. I'm fortunate to have Mediterranean ( Italian) skin so I don't burn easily but if you can't expose yourself in the daylight, a moonlight swim is heaven. I'm retired now, but still need to earn money in order to maintain my lifestyle. Every summer I open my house as a BNB to visitors from all over the world and it's been great. Of course, this summer has been a disaster with the Covid crisis but I'll survive. What I've been thinking about doing is starting a nudist BNB which would include day trips out on the lake to secluded beaches and perhaps overnight camp trips. It would have to be limited to small groups as my boat is not that big, and of course, the weather would be a factor as well. I welcome your thoughts on this idea, would like to make it happen!

This topic was edited
RE:Living at the lake

Fantastic Post!! Super happy to have a resident and expert on the lake and surrounding areas. Hope to see you soon!

This post was edited

Im in! Sounds amazing August or September .
We are new to Southern Utah and have yet to experience Lake Powell.
We love to Paddle board and being naked.
Most of our Naked lake and beaches have been cold water at Lake Tahoe or Northern California.
A BnB and boat guide sounds great!

This post was edited

That's funny, I used to go to the nude beaches at Tahoe years ago when I lived in Reno. Never got used to the cold water! It's a different story here, the water's 78 degrees , so nice. You guys are welcome, let me know when you're thinking about coming and I'll message you the details.

This post was edited

Doug & Renee are great folks! When you all get together post lots of pictures!!

This post was edited

Doug & Renee are great folks! When you all get together post lots of pictures!!

Thanks Scott and we are all about pictures and sharing the beauty of the area and the human body and spirit.

This post was edited

Thanks! !
Are you open to weekdays as well?
I have pretty fair skin so I have to be mindful of sun doesage.
I'll message you for prices and detals.

This post was edited

Since my business is essentially closed because of the pandemic, my schedule is completely open and weekdays are great, not quite as many people on the lake. Whatever works for you should be fine, although the coming week is out because I'm waiting for parts to arrive for my boat. It's also supposed to be very hot this next week so hopefully it will cool down a little later on. I have a lot of shade cover on the boat, so you can get out of the sun when you need to. Look forward to hearing from you.

This post was edited

I live near Lake Powell

This post was edited