Nudist friends and non-sexual nudity

Here's the gist of a conversation that happened some years ago during my first marriage:

"So Nudony, what did you do this week end?
- I went to visit some nudist friends.
- Wait...what? They were naked? Your wife too?
- Yeap. We spent the day naked at their place and went to a resort the following day.
- Dude! And nothing happened?
- No man.
- That's crazy? You're telling me that man's wife was naked around you and you didn't get turned on?
- No man.
- And your wife was naked in front of some other dude and he didn't get aroused?
- No man
- You've got to be lying right now. So tell me: what actually happened?"

The guy was my best friend so I didn't take offense to his comments. He's not a nudist so he didn't understand. But that's one example of how non-nudists would automatically assume that two couples that socialize naked might be swingers.

You can't really explain to a non-nudist how two couples can hang out naked together with no sexual undertones. But it's quite simple in reality. The relationship is based on a common understanding and respect for nudist values - and each other's nudity. That does not mean I didn't find our female friend attractive and our male friend didn't find my wife attractive. We did give each other full-body hugs and appreciated each other's nudity. We did spend all our time around each other naked (except for the occasional lunch in town). We did discuss our issues with our bodies (weight loss/gain) and complimented each other when it was appropriate. It could be playful; but it was never sexual - by any stretch of the imagination.

Nudist friendships needn't ever get sexual.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist friends and non-sexual nudity

Sounds like your friend may have had his first real introduction to nudism. Glad you were able to open his eyes to what really happens with just casual get together a amongst nude couple friends. Kudos!

This post was edited