Salutation from CharmingAsianCY

Hello everybody,

I am CharmingAsianCY, a Han Chinese man who have lived in Hong Kong as a child and currently living in overseas.

For those of you who have visited my profile, you may have read at least some of the information about me. Now I will tell you a bit more about myself. I was born in Hong Kong as a British dependent territory citizen, but moved to the United States in 1990. I became a US citizen in 2002. I became a nudist on October 24th, 2014 (just 6 days before I turned 34). I was inspired by the fact that being a nudist/naturist brings many benefits that the clothed people do not have, and one of them was releasing stress. I have slept naked almost every day since I officially became a nudist, and, to be honest, my stress is gone by the time I wake up. It really works all the time. No drugs, no alcohol, just pure and simple nudity works like medicine with no harmful effect. It is really wonderful! One time, I went to a hot spring where I was allowed to be naked without fear, guilt, regret or shame, and the naked people around me were very civil and well-behaved. Because of this, I had a positive impression on nudists and naturists and that made me want to be a nudist even more since then.

Even though I am currently living in USA, I have never forgotten Hong Kong, as I have plenty of good memories of living there. Delicious dim sum, tender HK-style BBQ pork, efficient public transportation system (especially metro rail and intercity trains), lovely Victoria Harbor, and the Peak near Victoria Peak, I have experienced all of these, I love them and now I really miss them. I lived there from the day of birth to 1990. I visited there three times as my summer vacation, one in 1995, one in 1996 (when I saw Lee Lai Shan won British Hong Kong's first and, sadly, last Olympic gold medal while I was watching TV in Hong Kong), and the last one in 2001. Boy, Hong Kong had really changed a lot every time I went back after some time since I last left Hong Kong. Most Hongkongers have a very deep sense of nostalgia, where they have experienced some great things in the past and, sadly, many things have changed, sometimes to the point where they become unrecognizable, since Hong Kong is known internationally for quick pace of life and constant changes. They never forget the good old days and they really yearn for a return of the good things of the past. As an overseas Hongkonger, I have this kind of nostalgia as well, so I know how they feel when anything that is beloved by Hongkongers is taken away for good. One example was the Clock Tower near the Star Ferry Pier in Tsim Sha Tsui. I have been there at least three times and I loved this place, especially when I was able to stand next to the clock tower that was once part of the former Kowloon Station, the southern terminus of Kowloon-Canton Railway (known in acronym as KCR). However, when I heard that the Clock Tower and the Star Ferry Pier were demolished back in December 2006, I was very sad and disappointed, as this place was part of my childhood memory in Hong Kong. Now this former area where the Clock Tower and the Star Ferry Pier once stood is just a distant memory for me and many others, and so long as I am still alive, I will intend to preserve this memory and to pass it on to others.

I hope we can continue with our online conversation soon when we have an opportunity. Looking forward to hear from all of you soon.

Take care, and please stay safe and healthy!

This topic was edited
No replies yet.