Howdy from nuderunr

Like many people, I was raised conservatively and conditioned to feel that public nudity was taboo. While I have learned to enjoy spending time nude in the privacy of my home and even outdoors on occasion during some backpacking trips to remote areas, until recently I had never given serious thought to going nude in public or casually around other people. An avid runner I recently learned that quite near my home there are several nudist resorts that offer annual nude races. Running in the nude is something that I have in fact contemplated for quite some time and an experience I think Id really enjoy. I just never imagined there were places it could actually be done. This recent discovery led me to investigate nude recreation and I have been most impressed with what I have learned about the concept and about those who engage in this lifestyle. Ihavent yet experienced being nude in a public setting around other people but I really like the idea of the enlightened openness that this seems to offer. It is difficult to imagine anything wrong with embracing the joy of living and experiencing nature in the most natural way possible or with relaxing and being nude among others who enjoy nudity in a tasteful and respectful environment. I have decided that I would like to be free of the negative conditioning instilled during my youth, and I want to evolve into someone who can feel comfortable with this heightened openness and accept that not wearing clothes around like minded people is normal and not at all indecent. As Ive aged, I admit that over the past years I have come to feel a bit more self-conscious about my body and this lifestyle seems an excellent means of enhancing my self-esteem by taking part of a community that professes to accept others regardless of physical size, shape, or body condition. While very new to all this, I am pretty excited about getting involved and hopefully meeting new friends. I have already planned my first visit to nearby nudist park, both to participate in my first nude run and just to relax and learn more about nude recreation.

This topic was edited
Howdy from nuderunr

I often tell people that going nude in mixed company in public takes a while to get used to takes a while. Sometimes as long as 15 minutes.

I have been a nudist for a number of years now and still remember my first visit to a nudist resort (I wanted to go skinny-dipping) and leaning how great it felt to feel the warm air and sunshine all over my body.

I am now a member of a number of nudist groups, have attended a lot of nudist events, have been on nude cruises, and now live in a clothing optional community where I can be nude all the time (weather permitting)

As a nudist bodies of all shapes and sizes. We are not ashamed of our bodies and have come to accept them the way they actually are even with all their flaws.

Welcome to the world of nude recreation. I think (and hope) you will come to enjoy it.

This post was edited
RE: Howdy from nuderunr

Thanks so much George for your nice welcome message. While eager to try my first outing at a nudist facility, I am sure it will a bit intimidating the first time but I was encouraged by your comments. Hopefully I will meet some nice folks there and will find it comfortable quite quickly. Nude cruises was something I was very interested to learn about as I already love taking cruises and had no idea nude crusiing was available. Thanks for mentioning that as well. It seems I have a whole new world to explore here in nude recreation.
Larry

This post was edited
Re: Howdy from nuderunr

Welcome to the society of nude recreation. I find it joyful to to feel the sun and breeze on my bare skin. Removing that last bit of cloth makes a difference.

This post was edited