Towel Dressers

First of all Im so happy that my gym is open. It was shut down due to covid back in March and reopened in June....and of course I was there the first day that it reopened. Im hoping it will stay fully operational regardless of the positivity rates.
I really look forward to my shower after working out. Lol...I feel like Ive earned it. Theres a decent amount of men and boys that use the locker room and I see plenty of towel dressers...those guys who manage to put their underwear on or off while keeping their towels tightly wrapped around their waist. Its unfortunate that they feel so compelled to hide from other men. Its definitely a generational thing as us mature fellas are more comfortable with group nudity while our younger counterparts are much more uncomfortable and reserved. I feel like its a right of passage for younger guys to be in an affirming, non-threatening environment like the locker room with other men. Having the opportunity to see adult nude men gives then a sense of what they will look like some day. Having an adult male see them naked and have no reaction at all also tells the younger guys that its no big deal....being naked with the guys is as natural as breathing. I wish the towel dressers would take a chance and lose the covering....and see how uneventful it is. Hopefully theyll also feel a sense of freedom and see locker room nudity as a time for comrodary and masculine affirmation.

This topic was edited
RE:Towel Dressers

Ive noticed it too w younger guys and its not only weird and strange but its almost as if theyre body shaming the naked guys.... its almost like it implies that the loaner older guy who is comfortable changing in front of them is a creep for not covering himself and similarly changing under a towel

In Germany for instance they dont allow even a chance for such body shaming opportunities and in the open showers they have signs prohibiting the wearing of swimsuits

Also in Germany, on the level where its all nude specific signs are posted that read swimsuits are prohibited - special shelves are provided next to the entrance of the nude level of the baths foe people to place their swimsuits and proceed naked from that point....

I wish people were similarly relaxed about nudity here.... youd never guess were in the 21st century!

This post was edited

Couldnt agree more!! Even though I remember hiding my same-sex attraction, being around other guys the same age, especially during puberty, there was a sense of brotherhood. And nobody rushed to get dressed. It did offer us a chance to be exposed to various body types, curiosity etc. The locker room should be a place where u can be free, take off the tight gym shorts, let your hairy cock and balls feel the air, as you reward yourself with a hot shower. The towel is for drying off. Im proud of my body. Never understood why us Americans confused being nude, especially around other people, with sex. So yeah, out with the towel I say

This post was edited

Ive noticed it too w younger guys and its not only weird and strange but its almost as if theyre body shaming the naked guys.... its almost like it implies that the loaner older guy who is comfortable changing in front of them is a creep for not covering himself and similarly changing under a towelIn Germany for instance they dont allow even a chance for such body shaming opportunities and in the open showers they have signs prohibiting the wearing of swimsuitsAlso in Germany, on the level where its all nude specific signs are posted that read swimsuits are prohibited - special shelves are provided next to the entrance of the nude level of the baths foe people to place their swimsuits and proceed naked from that point....I wish people were similarly relaxed about nudity here.... youd never guess were in the 21st century!

You have to remember who Europe sent here. Puritans. Calvinists. All the anti body pleasure is bad religious pests that they wanted to turph. That toxic mess has infected the culture of the state since before 1778. In many ways, we're not in the 21st century

This post was edited

older guys don't do it cause we're too fat to keep the towel cinched while trying to manoeuvre our underpants

This post was edited

I think the towel dance is more common in the states.

This post was edited

I have to be honest, I feel bad for those guys. They feel either shame or shy to show anything. I also found in my experience, they usually have great bodies. So I cant tell if they feel they are better than others and think you do not deserve the right to look at their body, or they have shame. Either way, I do feel bad for them.

This post was edited