RE:Social structures and hierarchies at nudist resorts

My first resort experience was at Cypress Cove. I was fortunate to have a contact that I had met online meet me there and I was welcomed and introduced all around. Felt extremely welcome and so it was a great experience. At others it is the ignored mostly but I have never been treated rudely if I should say hello to anyone. At Star Ranch in TX I was treated very well as members were social and even talked me into staying for a spontaneous dinner which they prepared from their cottages and brought to the picnic area so that we could all share together.

Given all the solo men that are bad actors (behave badly) it seems understandable to me that people and women in particular are very cautious with solo men. Its unfortunate for those of us who are very genuine and just love social nude recreation. So I accept the fact that I need to reach out appropriately if I wish to interact with members and other guests.

This post was edited

My first resort experience was at Cypress Cove. I was fortunate to have a contact that I had met online meet me there and I was welcomed and introduced all around. Felt extremely welcome and so it was a great experience. At others it is the ignored mostly but I have never been treated rudely if I should say hello to anyone. At Star Ranch in TX I was treated very well as members were social and even talked me into staying for a spontaneous dinner which they prepared from their cottages and brought to the picnic area so that we could all share together.Given all the solo men that are bad actors (behave badly) it seems understandable to me that people and women in particular are very cautious with solo men. Its unfortunate for those of us who are very genuine and just love social nude recreation. So I accept the fact that I need to reach out appropriately if I wish to interact with members and other guests.

You are an exception of a genuine solo men. Many men are still debating if is ok to show their erected dick in public LOL

This post was edited

John I will say starting out at Cypress Cove is a good thing and happy for you. They are great people there.

This post was edited

Regarding the single male treatment, who treats them badly? Is it the resort's males? females? or couples?

I can only speak for our club. No one treats anyone badly but it's what I experienced it can be quiet for them. That is why Luann and I make certain each and every person feels welcomed. I will give them a tour or loan them a golf cart to see the 70+ acres if they want. I've been there before! There has been the seldom occurrences of single males and alcohol do not necessarily pare with nudity. That was never pleasant and does put a damper on the whole thing.

This post was edited

AndyDi wrote:Our club is another sub-category; Co-OpMember owned, managed by a Board and a manager. We, as Co-Op member/owners supposedly have a say in what goes on at the club but we don't live there and do not attend Board meetings. Those that do live there and attend the meetings obviously have more say it what goes on. What we like about it is that annual fees/dues do not go into the club owner's pocket but rather go back into the club to make improvements and continue maintaining the infrastructure, buildings and amenities.I prefer that arrangement. What is the name of the club? I'd like to visit there sometime, if the occasion permits. It reminds me of a place I visited in western Pennsylvania back in the '70s.

Our club is Glen Eden Sun Club in Corona, CA. It was started by a naturist couple and when he passed and then she passed, it became a Co-Op. The profits are put back into the club and keep our dues down. We like this arrangement as well. We've visited some clubs that were owned by a couple or family and you can see the difference in the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know anything about running a business like this but many of the complaints we'd heard were that people like a certain place and would return more often IF; the bathrooms were updated/fixed/repaired, the rooms were updated with fresh paint, damaged windows, furniture fixed or replaced... the list is endless. Seems a conflict in making a business successful but not putting in the money to keep the place up to make it successful.

This post was edited

Regarding the single male treatment, who treats them badly? Is it the resort's males? females? or couples?

Yeah, I would also say "treated badly" is not what happens but being watched as if you're guilty of something you've not done or even think of doing. It's being suspect, being a single male and only there for one reason and it's not good. I find, sometimes, that these people, couples, groups tend to give the single male nudist population more of a hard time to route the focus off of themselves and their closet skeletons and onto someone that is truly a good person. We've seen this from older males and couples at our club. We've seen this from owners of a resort we used to visit (now closed).

This post was edited