Gough might stay behind bars for LIFE!

The sad state of British Human Rights - Gough might stay behind bars for LIFE!
"Get your trousers on or face life behind bars: Naked rambler warned he will be re-arrested each time sentence ends"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242831/Stephen-Gough-Put-trousers-face-life-bars-Naked-rambler-given-maximum-security-jail-threat.html
Rich.
https://www.naktiv.net/legal/

This topic was edited
RE: Gough might stay behind bars for LIFE!

Much as I enjoy being naked, and I have been nude in places where I was in violation of some law, I dont think I would press the matter so far as to be subject to constant arrest and jail time. To me being free from jail trumps being nude in public. What is he really accomplishing?

This post was edited

Say what one will about US prudishness, no one in this country faces life in prison for being nude. Where the hell are the magnificent Brits who kicked German ass in WW2? Why are the arschlochs who are turning the UK into a police state still in power? Winnie must be spinning in his grave.

Hmmm...wonder what the reaction would be if some one decided to hike across the US nude? I don't think I'll try it any time soon

Jen

This post was edited

That's part of the problem with the shock value of "in your face" nudism that he was persuing. It doesn't always cast a good light on nudists. In my opinion, if we're to get any further with our rights, we have to respect everyone else. If you're going to hike nude on public trails, which I have done, it's best to go places where you are less likely to offend. If someone in the US were to continually do as he was doing, I wouldn't be surprised of a similiar response from the court systems.

This post was edited

Jen, if the nude hike was part of a protest, our First Ammendment rights should protect one from prosecution. That does not stop the police from arresting you however. They could charge you with disturing the peace or failure to obey orders of peace officer.

This post was edited

Where the hell are the magnificent Brits who kicked German ass in WW2?
They're busy ironing their prayer rugs.

This post was edited

Say what one will about US prudishness, no one in this country faces life in prison for being nude. Where the hell are the magnificent Brits who kicked German ass in WW2? Why are the arschlochs who are turning the UK into a police state still in power? Winnie must be spinning in his grave.

Hmmm...wonder what the reaction would be if some one decided to hike across the US nude? I don't think I'll try it any time soon

Jen
Only within a crowd of nude joggers/cyclists etc, is safety from arrest possible. Like speeding on the interstate, it's the stragglers that get picked off.

This post was edited

That makes two of us, if for no other reason than that one would grow old and foot-weary on a 3000-mile hike.
I've always considered Gough to be an envelope pusher. The question is why he would be sentenced to the kind of penalty that cold-blooded, unrepentant murderers in the UK would face. If the authorities had not allowed his harmless antics to provoke them into action, he would be unknown except to a small group of followers.
Sometimes, it's far better to ignore zealots than to give them the attention that they want, especially if their major "crime" is being naked. All it takes is rigid enforcement of petty laws and the sensation-seeking media to turn an obscure nobody into a virtual folk hero.

Agreed

This post was edited

Just to be clear, I don't think that anyone was suggesting a "life sentence". Just that he would spend most of his life behind bars for taking off his jumpsuit each time he was released from prison. No, Britain doesn't sentence you to 50 years for a misdemeanor. I'd cool it if I were him too. But you have to respect his conviction and willingness to do it the hard way. He is right of course...His point is simply that he feels that hiding behind clothes does not make one socially acceptable and that his not hiding is simply more honest. We're all naked under our clothes.

This post was edited

Where the hell are the magnificent Brits who kicked German ass in WW2?
They're busy ironing their prayer rugs.
Sadly true and seems to be the United States is just following along on the same path.

(I've probably offended some with this remark, if so get over it. Feel free to express your opinion and I promise not be offended by it. We all have a right to our opinion and thankfully still have freedom of expression, although the "political correctness police" are doing their best to take that away.)

This post was edited

lets face it all Gough is doing is breaking the law - nothing more - nothing less.
He breaks the law on both sides of the border and also those in Queensland and the rest of Australia. He upsets many by his behaviour but I would still support his right to protest in this way. However to continualy go about in this fashion calls into account his sanity. IMHO.
And yes it seems drugs are rather passe but nudism!! and in public places!! a cardinal sin!!

This post was edited