Weightlifting after covid

If you had Covid and survive, great!

However, do not go back to the gym until two weeks after the last of your symptoms go away. This is not for social distancing, but for internal healing. There are many internal side effects from Covid including lung inflammation, Cardiac inflammation with cardiomyopathy, liver problems, and other effects lasting longer than the feelings of sickness.

When you go back to the gym, cut your weights in half. Then take several weeks to return to your previous lifting routines. Many may have pain and soreness in muscles and bones lasting weeks to months. Take it easy, you got the rest of your life.

For more study, google "weightlifting post Covid." .

If you have not had Covid and you have an iWatch, learn your base level of O2 extraction; go to the health app on your iphone-] browse -] Respiratory -] cardio fitness. Personal note: I have recovered from Covid mostly and this is what I discovered in researching recovery from covid. I did have a significant drop in O2 extraction which is recovering. This may be helpful in monitoring your recovery and be useful info for your physician.

Stay healthy!

This topic was edited
No replies yet.