Oregon or Vermont

Taking all things into consideration, (legality of nudity, political climate, social acceptability of nudity, weather, seasons, cost of living, etc.), which is the better place to live, Oregon or Vermont? In either case, we're talking well out in the county on at least 3-5 acres.

This topic was edited
RE:Oregon or Vermont

If you're talking about being nude in the outdoors, I suspect the summers are very short in VT? I've never been there. Summers in NW OR are fairly short. Meaning the rains can last into June and begin in Sept. However, it can get sunny and warm here in the Portland (PDX) area, as early as April and late into Sept. What I mean by this is, we will get a day or two here or there where it is sunny and warm enough to get outside sans clothes. But this is very unpredictable. Just yesterday it was mostly sunny in the PDX area, about 60, and I feel confident in saying there were probably people at the two clothing optional beaches that are in close proximity to PDX.

This post was edited

Is coastal OR like coastal northern CA in that while winters are relatively temperate, it stays relatively cool most of the summer due to the prevailing wind off of the cool ocean?

This post was edited

Weather is definitely a big consideration. Even in Missouri, spring and summer can be late -- with cold wet weather dragging on and on.

Regarding weather, I think Oregon would be the better choice because there and Vermont -- without even thinking about it.

But what about social acceptance. I'm pretty sure that in Vermont, even if people would "rather not see it," they really don't care. "Whatever! It's just a naked person."

What's it like in that regard in Oregon. It's not that I'm necessarily wanting to do my grocery shopping in the nude (though that would be REALLY NICE), but what if I'm down by a stream or walking in the woods/forest or the like. Are people fairly accepting of seeing an naked old man enjoying the out of doors?

This post was edited

Is coastal OR like coastal northern CA in that while winters are relatively temperate, it stays relatively cool most of the summer due to the prevailing wind off of the cool ocean?I'm pretty certain that's the case, the same ocean that keeps it from getting really cold in the winter also keeps it from getting really warm in the summer.

This post was edited