RE:Private yard

Thats so cool that she peeked over and then enjoyed living a nude life in her backyard! The neighbors I have here dont have privacy fences. One day I want to put up a privacy fence and enjoy my backyard more and not worry about neighbor kids seeing me. They are about an acre away, but they are young.Ive never thought about people with privacy fences being nudists. But I will definitely have that thought in my mind from now on when I see one! I know my neighbor across the street likes to go nude in her house.

I will admit that her head over the wall startled us at first but there was nowhere to take cover so we just stood there and talked with her for a couple minutes. She did apologize, at first, but my wife really liked her and told said, "well, the cats outta the bag now, did you need something?" She was asking about our pool service guy and if we'd recommend him, which we did. She apologized again, told us she liked to enjoy her pool and backyard the same way and thanked us for the recommendation. Not sure why the nudist neighbor connection didn't go any further.

We did spend some time together during parties at our house but never actually had any time where we spent time naked together, just the three of us or her and my wife. We got the feeling that she felt she was intruding. We were empty nesters at this time and a little older. She and my wife would spend time out front talking quite a bit, while they both were doing some yardwork. My wife did talk to her about how we lived and how long we've lived that way. This neighbor was so amazed that we'd been nudists most of our lives. She figured we'd just did some skinny dipping and sunbathing. She had no idea that we hardly ever wore clothes inside or out in the backyard.

Sometimes I feel that we're our own worst enemies in situations with nudism. We either don't talk about with others or we're hesitant about discussing it and you fumble around to explain what it really means and means to you. The upside is that afterwards, she seemed to feel more comfortable enjoying her pool and backyard, knowing we lived as we did.

This post was edited

You are lucky indeed. My current back yard is wide open to both sides with no one behind us. But we are looking to move closer to our grandson and looking for a place on a very wooded lot with some acreage. That way I can be free to be as I like without legal issues.

This post was edited

Our situation changed dramatically.
We left the country of the last place and now find ourselves in central TX on 16 acres and probably more than 100 yards off the county road (dirt) at the front of the property.
Mostly, we have almost complete privacy to the east plus there is a shop and container to the south. If we go out back the house is to the west, so we just have the north to worry about. It's not entirely open, but there are neighbors who can see when they drive across their property (probably 100s of acres).
Obviously it's not a terrible situation. We may put shade cloth around the garden (approx 20x60') to help, but more would be needed to the north to make it truly private.
OTOH, there is a low spot to the SE that could be dammed up and provide a nice area to swim/hang out without neighbors seeing.

This post was edited