Turkey Creek Hot Springs

Located in the Gila Wilderness in Southwest New Mexico, Turkey Creek Hot Springs is a great place for a nude hot springs dip for those who like hiking/backpacking. It requires an 8 mile hike of moderate difficulty to reach thelocation from the trailhead.Turkey Creek Hot Springs features hot springs and a swimming hole in a remote wilderness canyon setting. This is a spot where I enjoyed spending timenude in a hot spring and skinny dipping well before my interest in social nudity. Since it is located on Federal lands it is not considered an official nudist area and so I recommend common sense precautions. This is a well known area and sees frequent use (by Gila Wilderness standards) but chances are good especially during mid-week visits that you will have the place to yourself as I did, when visiting andwon't encounter any other parties. There is a known presence of an amoeba in the hot springs at Gila which can enter through the nose and cause meningitis, so at these springs, never submerge your headunder the water. Not an issue for the swimming hole.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.