Kemil Beach

Spoke to lifeguards down the beach. They said they and rangers don't care about the nudists. They said "The nudists aren't hurting anyone, they're out of the way and we got bigger problems to deal with than them!" They know they're at Kemil but said it's a non-issue. So that's amazing and great news!

This topic was edited
RE:Kemil Beach

Awesome news !!

This post was edited

It would be good to clarify this to know for sure.
I understand that the official name for Kemil Beach is "Kemil Beach at Indiana Dunes National Park". As such, it's a national park. Nudity is allowed at national parks. As long as the intent of your public nudity is solely to be naked and is not to incite or satisfy sexual arousal, you're totally within the boundaries of federal law. I understand that state and county laws can challenge this, but if you're technically in the jurisdiction of the national park, it should be permissible.
Doe anyone know: is all the beach around Kemil a national park and if so why isn't there more nudity? I'd love to organize a nude hike with a group through TN, but that might be pushing things.

This post was edited

That would be awesome!

This post was edited

It does appear that Kemil Beach is within the boundaries of the Indiana Dunes National Park:

https://www.nps.gov/indu/planyourvisit/maps.htm

This post was edited

Doe anyone know: is all the beach around Kemil a national park and if so why isn't there more nudity? I'd love to organize a nude hike with a group through TN, but that might be pushing things.

It's also only been a national park for a couple years. Former guy probably did it as a gift to Pence. Prior to that it was National Lakeshore, which doesn't really have specific rules.

This post was edited

Hope to head out to Kemil Beach this Friday 7/2 in the morning

This post was edited

Hope to hit kemil with the wife this 4th weekend 7/2/2021 - 7/5/2021 either by boat or walk depending on the lake. Supposed to be a north wind most of the weekend. Weve been to kemil many times this year and havent seen anyone else naked except us .

This post was edited

I escaped the office this morning and went out to Kimel. I met up with three other TN sunning in the dunes. Shouting out to those naked guys! It was great to connect today.

I also met a great guy sunning by himself in a very small thong. He likewise is on TN and was wishing for women to be out there. Unfortunately none today while I was there.

Two different rangers drove the beach but never stopped. I assume it was the holiday as well as the waves were high.

Great way to start the holiday weekend.

This post was edited

Should be there with my wife tomorrow around 1 or so

This post was edited

I'm going to try and get there tomorrow for the first time. Best to be discreet. I know from experience at Assateague Island. When the clothed walkers start to complain, the rangers get VERY aggressive. Hiding in the dunes, using binoculars, and so on. I got caught one year by a ranger who walked up and down the beach playing with himself through his bright orange trunks. Lying there with my bum side up I smiled at him and then ignored him, but at the end of the day he and two others drove down the beach in their SUV and gave me a ticket even though I was in shorts. I should have refused and left. Oh well. If only smart phones were a thing back then! He'd have been all over yootube. If only yootube were a thing back then. Hee!

This post was edited