Morning paper streak

As per my usual way to start the day, I streaked out to curbside to get the morning paper. ( yes old fashioned guy here I still read newsprint) It was dead calm so I could hear that no car was coming up or down my gravel road. But as I got out to the curbside tube, something out of place caught my eye. A white SUV was parked facing me, about 50ft up the road with the doors open. I did not have my glasses on so things were a bit blurry but i did not see any human movement. There is some pine trees boughs that would have partially hidden me. I came back inside and got my sarong and tried to find my glasses to go back out and investigate , but by the time i got back out there the vehicle was gone, having done a u-turn in the road which i could see in the gravel tracks. Have no idea if whoever was in there saw me, or why they had chosen to stop there and get attacked by countless skeeters on this damp warm morning.

This topic was edited
RE:Morning paper streak

Around here when see someone parked near the woods like that we say they're "mushroom hunting."

This post was edited