RE:Circumcision for cosmetic reasons

I'm happy for you that you finally went for it. I had a similar experience. I was so intrigued by all the circumcised boys, peeing at the urinals in grade school. I was the odd-boy-out with my foreskin, coming from a European family to the US. By the end of HS I kept rolling my foreskin back to simulate the circumcised feel. After my glans dried out, I never wanted to cover it back up. It just felt wrong.
Finally, at 52, I told my girlfriend I wanted to get it done. I used the excuse of cracked skin/balanitis to make an appointment with the urologist.
I told him I've tried cream multiple times and it keeps happening (not actually a lie). But I think he got the gist of why I was there. He talked about the options, but knew I really wanted the snip.
The hardest, most nerve-wracking part was the initial phone call for the appointment. After that, it went really fast.
No pain, some discomfort. Only regret?...why did I wait so long?!!!!!
Actually, I did wish I spoke more to him about the style. He went a little lower and looser than what I would have wanted. Now there is still a bunch of skin under and behind the glans. I may look up another urologist for a re-circ this year.
Otherwise, I'm super happy I had it done.
I think it looks great through a wet bathing suit or just naked at a nudist beach.
I love the feel against my pants. There is nothing a foreskin would do for me that I don't have now.
I've had it both ways, foreskin for way too long. I never enjoyed it really.

This post was edited