RE:interesting comparison

uh excuse me ,
you said no one died solely from covid uh yes they do . my brother died on sept. 3, 2020
SOLELY of covid , there is a TON of misinformation about covid

This post was edited

I had both doses of the vaccine, being fairly vulnerable at age 76. It didn't stop me getting Covid but what I got was fairly mild (just like a cold). So it stopped me being seriously ill.

This post was edited

uh excuse me ,you said no one died solely from covid uh yes they do . my brother died on sept. 3, 2020SOLELY of covid , there is a TON of misinformation about covid

you misquoted the writer. he said he did not Personally know someone who died sole of covid.

This post was edited

Reading the posts here cause me great concern as well as a bit of angst. Personally I received my vaccine, that was my CHOICE, I am in the age range that to come down with Covid I would probably not survive.

well stated and sums up my thoughts on the subject very well. I too am fully vaccinated and suffered no side effects from either shot
I will go one record that I am a bit skeptical about all the talk of booster shots. That I will watch with interest.

This post was edited

one of the things that makes covid so bad is the range of symptoms , from none at all to dead in24 hours and everything in-between , thats why some people dismiss it as being overhyped ..its not !!
no one wants to ditch the mask wearing more than those of us that DO wear them , same goes with the shots , we would all love to see this all pass into history , but the only way thats going to happen is if we all work together for a while and do what 99% of the medical professionals tell us to do , there will always be 1-2 % of doctors that disagree ,
what harm can it do to show that YOU care about your fellow human beings by wearing a mask when indoors with large groups and getting a shot ?
you never know, you might just save a life

This post was edited

Keep in mind that the new mandates do not require one to get the vaccination. There are exceptions for health reasons, and there is also the option of quitting a job, forgoing a concert, eating outside of a restraurant, and just staying home, among other preventives. There is still choice. There is still the freedom some people claim to be theirs, and there is the freedom from the disease that most of us have wanted. We have shown that we want it because we have taken the precautions necessary to keep ourselves, family, friends, and co-workers healthy.

We may not know the long term effects of getting the vaccine, but we do know the short term effects of getting the disease. We also do not know the long term effects of surviving the disease. There is always the chance that they would be far worse than any that occur because of the vaccine.

I had an uncle who contracted polio in the late 1950's. He lived for more than a decade unable to move from the neck down and needed a machine to breathe for him. He might still be with us if he had taken the vaccine.

This post was edited

Do not know about the US but here in Ontario, Canada, there are more and more cases of young children, 12 and under, testing positive for the virus!!!

This post was edited

Keep in mind that the new mandates do not require one to get the vaccination. There are exceptions for health reasons, and there is also the option of quitting a job, forgoing a concert, eating outside of a restraurant, and just staying home, among other preventives.

I don't disagree with you about skipping a concert or restaurant, but I don't think it's reasonable to lump those in with a suggestion that you can "just" quit your job. For a lot of people, quitting - or to risk losing - a job isn't a choice, because that's a choice of losing your family's home, not putting food on the table, and so on. There are a lot of people who can't just quit their job, especially in this environment. Call it choice if you want. Perhaps you can just get a new job, lots of people can't take that risk.

I'm very worried about the mindset I'm seeing from people about the covid vaccines. Too many people are acting as if they have to understand the science, as if people who reject science and facts will ever understand it. To be consistent, these people should refuse antibiotics when needed (and considering how much antibiotics are overused, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing sometimes). They should refuse to get Advil for their headaches and should even use non-fluoridated toothpaste. They shouldn't be using computers, of course, so I'm sure nobody reading this is objecting to things just because they don't understand how they work. And of course, the obvious things - people who object to public health-related rules from the government must be racking up the tickets for driving without a seat belt, riding their motorcycle without a helmet, and refusing to put their kids in a government-approved car seat. They're at higher risk for choosing not to wait for a walk signal before crossing the street. And of course, they firmly believe in each individual's right to choose whether or not to get an abortion, right? If people wanted to be consistent, that is...

This post was edited

Our government has caused it*s own dilemma by the use of facts & statistics; the problem is that the government constructed the data needed, devised the sampling / gathering plan, collected the data and analyzed it in the end. There is N O outside validation of their methodology nor derived results. Im on two government *no call* lists; I receive multiple junk calls per day. On the above note on child safety seats, the Superfreakanomics authors did their own research and concluded they didnt help after age 2. Here it is *Levitt and Dubner commissioned their own crash test and found that for children 3 and 6 years old, seat belts work just as well as car seats.* They point out the government did not use an apples to apples comparison. Just look at our recent *withdrawal*; do you want those guys & gals organizing your next company dinner party? You could kiss that promotion good bye. We must proceed with great caution as our leaders are far too interested in their polling numbers and less so about actual results.

This post was edited

I don't disagree with you about skipping a concert or restaurant, but I don't think it's reasonable to lump those in with a suggestion that you can "just" quit your job. For a lot of people, quitting - or to risk losing - a job isn't a choice, because that's a choice of losing your family's home, not putting food on the table, and so on. There are a lot of people who can't just quit their job, especially in this environment. Call it choice if you want. Perhaps you can just get a new job, lots of people can't take that risk.I'm very worried about the mindset I'm seeing from people about the covid vaccines. Too many people are acting as if they have to understand the science, as if people who reject science and facts will ever understand it. To be consistent, these people should refuse antibiotics when needed (and considering how much antibiotics are overused, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing sometimes). They should refuse to get Advil for their headaches and should even use non-fluoridated toothpaste. They shouldn't be using computers, of course, so I'm sure nobody reading this is objecting to things just because they don't understand how they work. And of course, the obvious things - people who object to public health-related rules from the government must be racking up the tickets for driving without a seat belt, riding their motorcycle without a helmet, and refusing to put their kids in a government-approved car seat. They're at higher risk for choosing not to wait for a walk signal before crossing the street. And of course, they firmly believe in each individual's right to choose whether or not to get an abortion, right? If people wanted to be consistent, that is...

Quitting a job is only an option. It may not be a good one, but it like all the others mentioned above come at a cost. How much or what are we willing to give up to have things the way we perceive them to be proper or in our best interest. Some people will quit the job, they have that choice. And, the choice to quit may in the long term be the best one, but it will never be known because we cannot predict the future or look back and know what would have happened if a different choice was made.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy