RE:Mastercard compliance and Media uploads

For information purposes, this is Mastercard's policy:

Protecting our network, protecting you: Preventing illegal adult content on our network

April 14, 2021 | By John Verdeschi

Every day, our teams use a combination of technology and best practices to monitor and protect our network and all who interact with it.

Long ago, we established the rules and standards that govern the use of our payments network. Chief among these is that we do not and will not permit merchants to engage in unlawful activity on our network.

For all the investments we have made, theres still more work to be done.

Thats why today were taking an even more active stance against the potential for unauthorized and illegal adult content. This starts by ensuring there are strong content control measures on sites where our products are accepted.

Enhancing requirements for adult content, preventing anonymous content

This month, we are extending our existing Specialty Merchant Registration requirements. The banks that connect merchants to our network will need to certify that the seller of adult content has effective controls in place to monitor, block and, where necessary, take down all illegal content.

You might ask, "Why now?" In the past few years, the ability to upload content to the internet has become easier than ever. All someone needs is a smartphone and a Wi-Fi connection.

Now, our requirements address the risks associated with this activity. And that starts with strong content control measures and clear, unambiguous and documented consent.

Other updated requirements include:

Documented age and identity verification for all people depicted and those uploading the content
Content review process prior to publication
Complaint resolution process that addresses illegal or nonconsensual content within seven business days
Appeals process allowing for any person depicted to request their content be removed

Strengthening relationships, commitments

These additional requirements build on years of work from our teams, creating the processes, establishing industry standards and setting todays foundation in place. It includes relationships with law enforcement and other groups like Interpol, Europol, the National and International Centers for Missing and Exploited Children, the International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition and the Center for Safe Internet Pharmacies, among others.

More recently, we added to our commitments through relationships with the Internet Watch Foundation and We Protect Global Alliance. Both of these organizations are leading the charge to fight sexual exploitation, protect the youngest consumers and make the internet a safer place for people of all ages.

The evolution of our registration programs is critical to ensure that we as well as those who connect merchants to our network understand who we are doing business with and what can be expected of their activities.

Were committed to doing everything in our power to ensure only lawful activity takes place on our network. In the process, we also hope to improve content controls to benefit people with the greatest need for these protections.

This post was edited

Maybe MasterCard or any other credit provider do not want to be associated with a website that is so full of fraudulent profiles where people can freely break the law by posting media they hold no copywriter for.

If you read the Mastercard requirements, you will now know that anyone "depicted" will need to prove identity. This means that anyone who posts a photo must prove that the photo is really them regardless of certification status. This requirement alone should eliminate 90 percent of the people here including all of the fakes, frauds, phonies, scammers, and those with multiple profiles. If this is not done by the site administrators, then I am certain that Mastercard will now get a ton of reports of the fakes and phonies instead of the current system where members endlessly flag fake profiles to no avail because mods are too busy kicking out the legit members from the chat room here instead of getting rid of the fakes.

This post was edited

@Sunluver - thanks for finding and posting this.

This post was edited

I am a recent member (Oct 11th) and didn't fully understand the certification process. By the time I attempted, even though it was on the 15th, the Mastercard rules were in place. As much as I like this site, even with all the spam and deleted user photos, there's no way I will pay with my personal information to get certified. I was seriously considering upgrading my membership, probably the 3-month option to test the waters. That said, I'll be keeping my eye out for other sites where I can share my journey and spend my money.

This post was edited

If you read the Mastercard requirements, you will now know that anyone "depicted" will need to prove identity. This means that anyone who posts a photo must prove that the photo is really them regardless of certification status. This requirement alone should eliminate 90 percent of the people here including all of the fakes, frauds, phonies, scammers, and those with multiple profiles. If this is not done by the site administrators, then I am certain that Mastercard will now get a ton of reports of the fakes and phonies instead of the current system where members endlessly flag fake profiles to no avail because mods are too busy kicking out the legit members from the chat room here instead of getting rid of the fakes.

I really doubt anyone is going to report fake profiles to mastercard, or that mastercard will care. They just don't want anonymous nudes. They don't care about fake profiles with clothed photos or no photos.
A company that size would just sever its relationship with this site if it wasn't in compliance. They're not going to do anything about individual profiles.

On the topic of flagging profiles, I think every profile that I've flagged has been removed, so I'm not sure why it isn't happening for you.

This post was edited

If you read the Mastercard requirements, you will now know that anyone "depicted" will need to prove identity. This means that anyone who posts a photo must prove that the photo is really them regardless of certification status. This requirement alone should eliminate 90 percent of the people here including all of the fakes, frauds, phonies, scammers, and those with multiple profiles. If this is not done by the site administrators, then I am certain that Mastercard will now get a ton of reports of the fakes and phonies instead of the current system where members endlessly flag fake profiles to no avail because mods are too busy kicking out the legit members from the chat room here instead of getting rid of the fakes.I really doubt anyone is going to report fake profiles to mastercard, or that mastercard will care. They just don't want anonymous nudes. They don't care about fake profiles with clothed photos or no photos.A company that size would just sever its relationship with this site if it wasn't in compliance. They're not going to do anything about individual profiles.On the topic of flagging profiles, I think every profile that I've flagged has been removed, so I'm not sure why it isn't happening for you.

Very true that most are too lazy to be bothered with reporting anything to Mastercard. Mastercard is also too greedy to be dropping paying customers. What Mastercard says is most likely just to pacify the government. This whole thing is just another scam used to dupe people into believing that something is being done when in fact nothing will be done. This is much like laws that are created and on the books but either not ever enforced or selectively enforced. Much like the selective enforcement of laws against Blacks which led to the Black Lives Matter movement. Most white people who never experienced such selective enforcement of laws would not understand.

If it is true that every profile that you have flagged has been removed, then congratulations because you are in the select minority here called the 'preferred group'. Many others here have reported over and over again only to see the same profiles never removed. Scammers are also allowed to sit in the chat room and remain as long as they are not openly soliciting for money. Most know they are scammers and flagging such scammers is useless. In addition, this site is still overloaded with fakes and scammers and so if everyone is responded to as you claim that you are responded to (i.e. removal of all profiles that are flagged) then this site would be squeaky clean. It very obviously is not. Enjoy your status as the 'preferred one' for as long as you have it. Most here will never achieve that status.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy