RE:Naked Selfies

Every time I scroll through my photos I realize how many nude selfies I take. I can also see when I had more nude time vs less nude free time. LOL. I do not think to much about the meaning of nude selfies but they are usually meant to be shared with other nudists and I enjoy that communal sharing part.

This post was edited

At 74 years old I know who I am, and I'm confident enough to show my nude photos, to be naked in public, without being bothered about what other people think I look like. That may be due to having spent nearly forty years taking self-portraits (among lots of other people and subjects). I started taking and developing my own pictures in my home darkroom in the late '80s. Later I won competitions with my portraits of other people, and was totally engrossed in photography until it all went digital. I sold my equipment, but later bought a computer and a digital camera. Photography is no longer my main interest, but I still enjoy taking pictures of myself nude, mostly in my garden. I must admit that I scrutinise the results, and try to keep my body toned up (early spring is the worst time, when I can see the results of a long winter, and my skin is pale). Yes, I suppose I am vain, but it is a very self-critical vanity that keeps me on my toes!

This post was edited

Im closing in on 70 and I cant improve on the previous comment, nuff said and well said.

This post was edited

Selfies including naked selfies as a thing have very little meaning to me or for me. They are snapshots in time that may or may not communicate anything authentic about an individual by themselves. So often naked selfies are posed and staged and dont accompany a story or anything illuminating about the human being pictured. it is my observation that more often than not leads to a focus on the the human inhabits rather than the human being inside the naked body.

So dont have a problem people with taking and sharing naked selfies I just dont find them engaging by themselves I am more interested in the person than the body. I realize that is unusual in the hyper visual social media age.

This post was edited

Same picture taken same place over 20 years.

This post was edited

Same picture taken same place over 20 years. Aging well is the best revenge ]

This post was edited

For me, taking naked selfies is a way to express myself in a unique setting. It is a bit rebellious, somewhat vulnerable, and a little daring. Once done the selfie gives me self confidence in an area of my personality not previously endorsed.

This post was edited