Riviera Naturist Resort, Pace, Florida CLOSED

I just noticed today that Riviera Naturist Resort near Pensacola, Florida is now listed by Google as "permanently closed."

We went there a few years back and weren't terribly impressed. But we always said we'd consider going back. I guess not now.

Does anybody know anything about how this happened or know what the future may hold for this place? It's always sad to lose a clothing-optional resort anywhere in the country.

This topic was edited
RE:Riviera Naturist Resort, Pace, Florida CLOSED

I have been wondering the same thing but no information about it is anywhere online.

This post was edited

I heard that ownership changed hands and the new owners transitioned it to a textile resort. Very sad to see it go since we don't have many outdoor nudist options in this part of Florida.

This post was edited

The owner went to South America last June and contracted something that killed him within a few days of his return. His widow had the place sold to a traditional campground operator by October. They shut it down and chased every out so they could "remodel". Yes, it is sad to lose a nudist venue.

This post was edited

Oh wow, how crazy and sad! Thanks for the update Red. Anyone been to Hidden Lakes in Jay? That's really our only other resort option in the area, but it doesn't look as nice as Riviera.

This post was edited

We enjoyed the Riviera and will miss the good times and our friends there . Richard and Nanette

This post was edited

Thats to bad, one of the few places between Indian Hills in Slidell and PCB that as a Single male I could be nude with others. Outside of the daring times on Johnsons Beach.

This post was edited

Richard, what the panhandle needs now is a new nude resort. Somewhere out in the country, like a farm in south Alabama. Maybe horses, a creek running thru. Enough land for hiking, campers, pool, clubhouse, hot tub, etc. Do you know of such a place?

This post was edited

Don't know about Riviera, try Sunnier Pines Nudist Club, 17 miles away.

Someone suggested to that Sunnier Pines has drifted into being a lifestyle resort can anyone confirm? Avoided listing them in my naturist venue directory as a result.

This post was edited

LOL ....! ! Yes, my friend, I may. If there were a way to combine Fish Nature Camp with the Silverhill B & B, it could work. The B&B has a pool and Lodging , FNC has the RV space and acres to roam. Fish Nature Camp had to close after the one - two punches from hurricanes and covid . The main issue is FNC must rebuild most of the bathouse , also still lots of tree tops. We just can't seem to avoid those pesky tornadoes. The BnB on the other hand , is really looking good. Also, in June , the Nood Pontoon will be running daily, out of Ft. Morgan. But like most places on the Coast , we can't find enough staff to run things properly.

This post was edited

If you had the time , what do you think of the cooperative effort concept ? If enough local nudists ( one hour drive ) were willing to dedicate May to mowing and fixin ' , we could have a Grand Re-Opening Event the first week of June , the admissions fees would be waived , and RV sites would only pay a slight electricity token. Don't know if the BnB can participate, but I will inquire.

This post was edited