nudist friendly gyms in Hampton Roads?

Growing up in New England, most gyms had group showers. There were also places where the showers, sauna, and hot tub were in the men's locker room, and nobody used towels. After moving down to VB, it seems that everything is maximum privacy and anti-affirming. I am just wondering if anyone has found anything in this area. (I have heard there is a place up near DC, but I am not going to drive up there to use a gym).

This topic was edited
RE:nudist friendly gyms in Hampton Roads?

The VB Rec Centers have workout/shower/locker facilities. The newer centers offer more privacy, the older centers have open showers. The one closest to us is a newer center, I usually go to either Princess Anne or Bayside to swim laps.

This post was edited

The YMCAs are open shower--go lots

This post was edited

The Gold's Gym in Charlottesville use to have private saunas in each locker room. It was the norm for 3 or 4 of us to be in there naked and chatting. I ended up moving away from the area for 8 years, and when I moved back they had moved locations and due to the pandemic they shut down completely. I have yet to find a gym since that one that had private saunas or hot tubs in the locker rooms. So many people shy away from nudity and want total privacy option. I just recently heard about Spa World in Centerville, hoping to take a trip there with a buddy of mine this summer.

This post was edited

Some of the one lifes has steam and sauna in locker room. The say towel needed so I just sit on mine

This post was edited

Going next weekend, can't wait!

This post was edited