RE:Friend requests

Talking to others, targeting mainly single older guys, I mean, do they think we will be flattered that some one I probably won't have a single thing in common with wants to talk to me??? Or call me cynical, probably the demographic that's likely to have a bit of cash in the bank??Truth is they get responses by men who are naive enough and unfortunately it seems lonely enough to grasp at the possibility.

It happens on all social media platforms. I see several a week on Instagram and I used to see lots on Facebook. Being 64 and single seems to attract the scammers. The day I believe that an attractive woman in her 30s is interested in me is when she is standing in front of me ready to prove it.

This post was edited

Talking to others, targeting mainly single older guys, I mean, do they think we will be flattered that some one I probably won't have a single thing in common with wants to talk to me??? Or call me cynical, probably the demographic that's likely to have a bit of cash in the bank??
Two of my wife's brothers had girlfriends at least 20 years younger when they were in their 60s. Neither of the brothers was wealthy or particularly good looking.

This post was edited

Though we get those same friend requests from these TN members some are speaking of, we tend to get more visits to our profile and friend requests from blank, private or minimally filled out profiles. Most are from single men, straight but mostly gay. Even those that fill out their profile, they do not have a profile picture. I typically ignore, delete and even block many of these a day. They could be good people but most, like us are already cautious of internet friendships. If they are unwilling to expose themselves a little, then it makes us even more suspicious and cautious.

We've received so many friend requests here. I do not automatically accept or deny them. If I see someone that seems like a good fit, I ask to communicate via messages before accepting their request. It's amazing how many members here won't do that. In their profile it states they want to get to know others but in reality, if you have pictures in your profile and they are set to "friends only," like ours, that's the only reason they want friendship.

If I find someone wants friendship and I check out their profile and they have hundreds of friends, I won't friend them. If they have 1000's of friends, I won't only not friend them, but I'll block them.

This post was edited

Truth is we all make assumptions about the people we accept friend requests from and decisions about who we block or dont based on our thought processes. I used to be a bit upset if someone I was trying to connect with on here blocked me which has happened a couple of times. But I came to realize they have their reasons as I have mine and I have enough real life naturist connections to not let that bother me. I am not on this site to chase people for connections or collect friends.

I have a tons of requests going back a ways that I am clearing out now because its time to clean up. Also clearing out friends list of folks who dont stay in contact or have shifted their focus.

This post was edited

I don't care about pictures, but the content of the profile. If they are looking for sex, it gets blocked or flagged. Too far away the same thing. Similar interests could be a maybe and close to home has the potential for a yes.

This post was edited