Heading to Playalinda this morning 2/25-- Update

I will be going to Playalinda this morning for a much needed rest break. I should be there around 9am. If you see me there, say hi and take a picture of me. I will post an update on the beach conditions when I get back home this afternoon.
UPDATE
Just got back and here is the update I promised. Parking lots 1-5 &7 are open. Parking lot 6 is closed and the road and beach from the crossover at parking lot 8 are closed off. Someone told me that someone ignored the signs on the beach and ventured north. He was ticketed by the rangers and a $250. fine. I dont know if it is true or not, but I was not about to test it. From parking lot 7 north is the nude area. There is a sign right at the crossover for lot 8 that says the beach is closed off at that point. I am not sure of anything south since I did not venture that way. Overall the beach looks a whole lot different than when I was last there about 5 years ago. It is almost like an 8-10 foot cliff at the dunes, but there is a good amount of beach between the water and the dune cliff. I got there around 9 and stayed until about 2pm. The parking was $20 and it is a 1-7 day pass. I may have to go back later this week just to get my moneys worth. It took me just about 90 min to get there from Vero Beach, so I can see myself making that trip more often. I think they have annual passes. Have to look into that.
All in all a very nice day, sunny mid 80's and it is supposed to be like that most of the week. A much needed break from my renovation project. Now back to work.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.