RE: NYC - The city that has everything?

I am looking but I can't seem to find anything. Please keep me abreast of your success.

This post was edited

Honestly? I don't think a lot of people would appreciate someone coming to a forum that asks for help finding something in a city and finding instead disparaging remarks about that city. Even less so if they are residents of the city in question.

This post was edited

So - you don't have anything useful to say?

This post was edited

I have to agree.
Why would someone use four posts one after the other?
Thats as bad as using QUOTE AFTER QUOTE AFTER QUOTE AFTER
QUOTE in one post.
Why would someone do that?

This post was edited

What is useful has already been said. Despite the events that are held in N'Yawk in the nude, NYC, for all its hyperliberalism, is not per se nudist-friendly. BTW, been there several times, once had my wallet lifted, hated it, won't go back. Why did you use four posts to say what could have been said in one?
You don't want to go to New York. Someone else does. That doesn't make him a bad person. Or you a good person.

This post was edited

1. Where exactly is Gunnison? I seem to have a hard time finding it. 2. I also wantto know if there areplaces to goin the city for the days when the weather isn't outdoor permitting. (I'd liketo beable to go places and do thigsnude all year round)
For driving:
Gunnison Beach is on Sandy Hook (in full, the Sandy Hook Segment of Gateway National Recreation Area). Sandy Hook is a 6 mile long barrier peninsula, sticking up from the north end of the Jersey Shore. It points up into New York Bay; the Bay is on one side, the ocean is on the other. Access is from Sea Bright NJ.
If you're from NJ/NY area, I suppose you know how to get to the Garden State Parkway.
From the Parkway, take exit 117, State Route 35/36 (there's only one direction). You take SR 36.
Very soon, you'll see a sign that it's 14 miles to Sandy Hook. You drive those 14 miles. In Highlands, NJ, when you see the ocean ahead of you, you're almost there (at times, you might catch sight of the Hook on your left, between buildings).
Take the bridges over the Shrewsbury River and follow the signs to exit for Sandy Hook. (If you go wrong, you're going into Sea Bright. Basically, there are only two ways you can go in Sea Bright NJ, so just turn around and go the other.)
You'll go out onto the Hook almost right away. In season (summer), there's a parking fee ($10.00 per vehicle, last time I was there). Pay it at the gate.
Drive about 4 1/2 miles. Through most of the Hook, there are only two ways to go--in or out. The ONLY thing you have to watch for is, a little past the Ranger Station (it's US National Park land) there's turn-off to the right, with a sign directing you to "all beach parking." You take that right.
The next beach access is Gunnison. It's easy to spot. There's a plaza with showers, rest rooms, and a snack shop, all on the right, just by the road.
You drive just a few yards farther and turn left for parking. If that's full (it happens, it'll be blocked, and you'll be directed to North Beach (not nude) parking some distance up. It's certainly walkable to get back. But if you have a lot of stuff and someone else in the car, it's worth it to drop the stuff and the someone else by Gunnison--and save yourself lugging it.

This post was edited

1. Where exactly is Gunnison? I seem to have a hard time finding it. 2. I also wantto know if there areplaces to goin the city for the days when the weather isn't outdoor permitting. (I'd liketo beable to go places and do thigsnude all year round)
I just answered this question for driving. But I don't drive, and I don't assume anybody else does. I got to Gunnison Beach for years by public transportation.
I'd take the Big Red, White and Blue Dog (Greyhound) form Wrshin'ton to Noo Yawk. From Port Authority, I'd take Academy Bus (first one, 8:00 AM--apparently 365 a year gets to Sea Bright at 9:30). I'd get off just over the bridge in Sea Bright. Then I'd walk the 4 1/2 miles through Sandy Hook to Gunnison.
When you're walking, there's no fee. (But I'd often drop a few bucks in the jar at the museum/visitor center.

This post was edited

For a greatclothing optionalbeach in the NYC area, try Lighthouse Beach at the Fire Island National Seashore on Long Island.

This post was edited

BTW, been to the city many times, NEVER had my wallet lifted.
Of course I am not dumb enough to carry a wallet where it can be lifted
Cash is always carried separately.
I live Only forty-five minutes from Broadway
I Love NYC. I go back often.

This post was edited

I speak only for myself. I do not try to force my views on others.
No one is writing hate filled rants about me. How do you cope with the pressure?

This post was edited