Sourdough Bread

About a month agoI took a sourdough bread course. I had tried repeatedly over the years without success, but the course gave me just the skills I needed. I have enamel Dutch ovens which you cannot preheat empty without ruining the enamel. So I put the dough in the cold Dutch oven, the lid on and set the oven to warm (170 F) for half an hour. The I turn the oven up to 500 F, the lower it to 460 F for 25 minutes. I have been to afraid of scorching the bottom of the bread until now, but this morning I took the lid off and stuck it back the oven for another 10 minutes and Voila!

This topic was edited
RE:Sourdough Bread

Sourdough bread is one of the healthiest breads you can eat. I love the suggestive shapes of the two sourdough breads! So cheeky! Also, nice to see you with and without your beard. Thanks AlaskaJoe for sharing such a treat.

This post was edited

The loaf on the left hand side I baked this morning. This is the best bread I have ever put in my mouth - bar none!

This post was edited

Ooooh, yes! Warm sourdough bread dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Yum, one of my favourites too.

This post was edited