RE:Answering the front door - my first time nude

I don't see how it can be illegal to be seen nude in your own home. I'm not talking about standing naked in front of an upstairs window at night where the entire neighborhood can see you. What if you get in the shower and realize you are out of soap. Rather than getting dressed, you walk nude from the bedroom to the kitchen pantry to get soap. If someone is standing at your glass door and sees you walk by, that's illegal?

There was an incident a few years ago in Virginia where a man was standing nude in front of a large window in his kitchen. A woman walking on a public path behind his house with her child saw him and filed a complaint. He was arrested tried and convicted. He appealed and had the conviction reversed, but it still took a lot of time and money.

This post was edited

I don't see how it can be illegal to be seen nude in your own home. I'm not talking about standing naked in front of an upstairs window at night where the entire neighborhood can see you. What if you get in the shower and realize you are out of soap. Rather than getting dressed, you walk nude from the bedroom to the kitchen pantry to get soap. If someone is standing at your glass door and sees you walk by, that's illegal?

From memory there is a without reasonable excuse clause that could apply in such a circumstance if you did not know they were at your front door looking in.

This post was edited

I don't see how it can be illegal to be seen nude in your own home. I'm not talking about standing naked in front of an upstairs window at night where the entire neighborhood can see you. What if you get in the shower and realize you are out of soap. Rather than getting dressed, you walk nude from the bedroom to the kitchen pantry to get soap. If someone is standing at your glass door and sees you walk by, that's illegal?From memory there is a without reasonable excuse clause that could apply in such a circumstance if you did not know they were at your front door looking in.

They weren't even at the door, they were on a path at the edge of his property. So it is likely that he was unaware that they were looking in.

This post was edited

I don't see how it can be illegal to be seen nude in your own home. I'm not talking about standing naked in front of an upstairs window at night where the entire neighborhood can see you. What if you get in the shower and realize you are out of soap. Rather than getting dressed, you walk nude from the bedroom to the kitchen pantry to get soap. If someone is standing at your glass door and sees you walk by, that's illegal?From memory there is a without reasonable excuse clause that could apply in such a circumstance if you did not know they were at your front door looking in.

In the context my original post to this thread I probably couldn't make that claim as I hadn't been seen accidentally and forgetting my front door was open. I had actually engaged with him abd even though he'd given some assurance I still had some concerns (people say/do strange backflips all the time). Once talking to him I come to learn he was an nudist and his accent had given away he's from the UK. He talked about holidays over there (nude) by the sea and how dumb Qld law is when it would be a lucrative industry here due to our weather.

This post was edited