Smells like another such message

p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;"I got a polite message from a woman from Ghana. She wants to get to know me. And she requested a reply to an email address (not through True Nudists).
p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;"I was corrected once before about about a similar message from a woman in Gold Coast; therefore I didn't bother to write her back again. According the warnings I got, at some point she will ask for money and want to know my bank account number. That would give her to means to empty my bank account. Needless to say, I then quit all correspondence with her.
p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;"There seem to be two elements in both messages -- she is from Africa -- and requested reply to an email address. This latest one had a nude photo for her profile photo; hence a she blends in with us. Also with this one, I am not going to respond. Be forewarned that those shysters have invaded True Nudists.

This topic was edited
RE: Smells like another such message

what's her profile name? Have you heard from others that received the same email?

This post was edited

what's her profile name? Have you heard from others that received the same email?

The profile name is yvt450; however according to a court of law, I don't have enough evidence to convict her. But the point is that yvt450 is of suspect; hence don't respond to her messages.

This post was edited

This is a variant on the 419 scam - so called because its most prolific point of origin has neen Nigeria and the number "419" refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code (part of
Chapter 38): "Obtaining Property by false pretences. You can find out more details by typing 419 into Google.
Romance angle
A recent variant is the "Romance Scam" which is a money-for-romance angle.
The victim is usually approached by the scammer on an online dating
service, on an Instant messenger (like Yahoo IM) or even
social networking sites. The scammer claims to have become interested in the
victim, and have pictures posted of an attractive person who is not actually the
poster. The scammer uses this communication to gain the victim's confidence, and
then ask for money. The offending party may claim to be interested in meeting
the victim, but needs some cash up front in order to book the plane, hotel room,
and other expenses. In other cases, they may claim they're trapped in a foreign
country and need assistance to return, to escape imprisonment by corrupt local
officials, to pay for medical expenses due to an illness contracted abroad, and
so on. The scammer may also use the confidence gained by the romance angle to
introduce some variant of the original Nigerian Letter scheme, such as saying
they need to get money or valuables out of the country and offer to share the
wealth, making the request for help in leaving the country even more attractive
to the victim. A newer version of the scam is to claim to have 'information'
about the fidelity of a person's significant other which they will share for a
fee. This information is garnered through social networking sites by using
search parameters such as 'In a relationship' or 'Married'. Anonymous emails are
first sent to attempt to verify receipt, then a new web based email account is
sent along with directions on how to retrieve the information.

Rudie
x

This post was edited

The profile name is yvt450; however according to a court of law, I don't have enough evidence to convict her. But the point is that yvt450 is of suspect; hence don't respond to her messages.

Maybe not in a court of law, but here on this site...if youhave good reason to believeit is a fake profile...you can flag it. BTW - YVT450 is no longer on this site. The profile has been removed.

This post was edited
RE: another member sent this to me

Just copy and paste what you wrote here in you 'flag' message to TT1, enough of these around to see how transparent it is, also several other threads here about the same kind of scam...Flag it...

This post was edited

This is a variant on the 419 scam - so called because its most prolific point of origin has neen Nigeria and the number "419" refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code (part of Chapter 38): "Obtaining Property by false pretences. You can find out more details by typing 419 into Google. Romance angle A recent variant is the "Romance Scam" which is a money-for-romance angle. The victim is usually approached by the scammer on an online dating service, on an Instant messenger (like Yahoo IM) or even social networking sites. The scammer claims to have become interested in the victim, and have pictures posted of an attractive person who is not actually the poster. The scammer uses this communication to gain the victim's confidence, and then ask for money. The offending party may claim to be interested in meeting the victim, but needs some cash up front in order to book the plane, hotel room, and other expenses. In other cases, they may claim they're trapped in a foreign country and need assistance to return, to escape imprisonment by corrupt local officials, to pay for medical expenses due to an illness contracted abroad, and so on. The scammer may also use the confidence gained by the romance angle to introduce some variant of the original Nigerian Letter scheme, such as saying they need to get money or valuables out of the country and offer to share the wealth, making the request for help in leaving the country even more attractive to the victim. A newer version of the scam is to claim to have 'information' about the fidelity of a person's significant other which they will share for a fee. This information is garnered through social networking sites by using search parameters such as 'In a relationship' or 'Married'. Anonymous emails are first sent to attempt to verify receipt, then a new web based email account is sent along with directions on how to retrieve the information. Rudie x
Thanks for that Rudie, these sob stories can be very convincing to a lot of folk (especially the lonely and the more senior ones) that tend to be too trusting, so it's really important to publicise this kind of info.

Thanks again, knew you were sooooooooo much more than, a pretty ..................... face!

hehe!

Phil.

This post was edited

Awww Phil, you are such a flatterer

Love n stuff
Rudie
xx

This post was edited

I agree with Phil! Rudie you areone of the most helpful people on TN and I always get something useful from your posts.

This post was edited

Yeah, you kind of have to becareful and that is a fairly old scam. I've been approached countless times from "women" in South Africa looking for love and then money all in one breath. lol...It doens't matter if they live next door or a world away, if someone you meet online starts asking for money within the fist few meetings, chances are it's a scam.

Like I said, I've been approached a few times and this is now my response to those e-mails saying, "Hello lovely, blah, blah, blah". I usually reply with, "Hey baby, I want your bod, let's get it on, bend over for me, etc.." Basically be as rude and nasty as I can be and you know what? LMAO...and this is a real kicker, the response I get is like they never read my e-mail and just carried on with the conversation they started. LOL! So, that says to me that they are some organized crime syndicate and just use form letters for everybody.

Something to always keep in mind, if something is too good to be true, it usually is. ;)

This post was edited

I had a similar message....in her profile the girl claimed to be from Alabama, so I wrote her a short message. In her reply she told me that she was living in a refugee camp in Senegal, that she fled the civil war in Ivory Coast, that her parents were killed, and that she would love to spend the rest of her life with me..ok, that'll scare a guy off, lol! I never wrote her another message again...

The civil war in Ivory Coast, they is part of the old story. At some point, they will try to get money from you with the story that she can't get to her money, because of the civil war. Don't fall for it, because they will drain your bank account.
As was pointed out in another thread, refugee camps are a barren existence with only what is needed, and sometimes not even that. An Internet connection in a refugee camp -- that doesn't make sense. A computer is a luxury that is highly unlikely in a refugee camp.

This post was edited