with nearly 5 million people in the valley

We have about 5 million in the Phoenix area and no activity in the TN groups.
I cant believe other nudists arent on here talking.

I understand this TN website does have a bad reputation among nudists.
What is going on around town?

This topic was edited
RE:with nearly 5 million people in the valley

I know surprising

This post was edited

This has been discussed at length in the past. Several of us in the Valley have hosted and opened our homes to TN members. Hosting is expensive even if you do pot luck not to mention the prep required to have guests and the clean up after; inasmuch hosting is a lot of work weather one shows or none the work has to be done.

The problem is TN members RSVP that they will attend and then no show. Case in point Carl and I hosted a BBQ pool party at our home. We received 26 RSVP. This was NOT a pot luck event rather we prepared all the food and supplied all the drinks. Only 2 people showed. Problem - 200.00 in food and drinks was purchased.

Then we hosted a Pot Luck - NO ONE SHOWED out of 11 RSVP.

This past Summer we hosted for our friends on AANR Arizona group on the Hub we did a Pot Luck and had 28 RSVP and we had 28 attend. We recently hosted a St. Patrick's Day Party for our Hub Friends. 31 RSVP 37 attended as we had the last moments "Can I bring....with me"? It was AWESOME!

TN is loaded with voyeurs that have no intention of ever being involved in the nudist community. The HUB because of the membership requirements and forking over a few dollars eliminates that problem.

I am still supportive of TN and find that the Certified and Paid members are more sincere in being part of the nudist community. Will we offer to host on TN again? Probably not. Rather have our friends over when we are at Shangri La for burgers and beer.

Even simple get togethers for a movie or card games are nullified with no shows. So hope that sheds some light on your question...

This post was edited

I totally agree with SunSeeker. We stopped hosting here years ago. RSVPs and no shows. We had much better attendance with an old group we belonged to on meetup. Even that was a few years ago.

This post was edited

We have been on here for over five years and never been invited to a party. Due to downsizing our place of residence we arent in a good place to host. Maybe people are picky and judgemental about age and body size. We are on a couple of other sites and theres a lot of activity on them.

This post was edited

FunCpl - I don't see it as a profile to be invited as we welcome anyone who would like to socialize... When we host we open invite it if you RSVP we would love to have you regardless of your physical attributes.

This post was edited

Oh, it always happens ! I have tried to get people out to Sycamore creek for camping, even trying to get people up to Happy Jack near Flagstaff. For a weekend camping trip. Sometimes people show and sometimes not. But I expect that to happen.

But when it does work its great. We met some nice people from Prescott ! Even from Phoenix ! Lol

We moved to southern Arizona. There are a few nudists here and a couple have even visited. But going to Mira Vista is the easiest way to meet up and be relaxed enough to get to know each other.

We are working on the new home so not a lot of extra time to get to meet people yet. But soon ! After the patio gets built its going to be easier to host a few nudist people.
Loll we dont even have curtains on the front windows yet ! Lol

I didnt know there was a group in the AANR website.. hmmm

This post was edited

Really? I figured that only happens to us singles...although I have been invited twice to group parties (however had date conflicts), otherwise I'd show. I dont really care about gender, size, looks, gender, etc. All nudists are beautiful to me. Anyone wanna get naked, hit me up. Cheers!

This post was edited

Its the same thing happening here in Tucson area. Nothing is really going on either from all the TN members here from Tucson. What I heard is that there was another nudist community here called the buffeteers (not sure if the group is spelled this way) but it is hard to join the group. First of all, you need to be invited to join one of their weekly or monthly meetings. Then someone need to verify you among the groups or something like that. What I heard is that they do have like a monthly gatherings which is strictly for the members only.

What I find strange is that, if I am able to communicate with a TN member who is also from Tucson, they will talk to you via email or chat but they are not up to meeting in person.

Anyhow, Im willing to drive to Phoenix if I will be invited to one of the parties that sunseeker and his partner host every now and then as long as I will be available.

Chris

This post was edited

Its the same thing happening here in Tucson area. Nothing is really going on either from all the TN members here from Tucson. What I heard is that there was another nudist community here called the buffeteers (not sure if the group is spelled this way) but it is hard to join the group. First of all, you need to be invited to join one of their weekly or monthly meetings. Then someone need to verify you among the groups or something like that. What I heard is that they do have like a monthly gatherings which is strictly for the members only.

What I find strange is that, if I am able to communicate with a TN member who is also from Tucson, they will talk to you via email or chat but they are not up to meeting in person.

Anyhow, Im willing to drive to Phoenix if I will be invited to one of the parties that sunseeker and his partner host every now and then as long as I will be available.

Chris

This post was edited

Your best bet to join that non-landed club would be to join AANR and get their info from AANR's club locator page. Their info is there; I just checked.

This post was edited