Why do we and how much?

This question, no doubt, has been asked a million times. [i"]Why do we strip off? " and "How often are we naked in the home and why?"

For me the first comes down to this; I feel comfortable, relaxed and totally myself when I am naked. I know that may sound odd, but when I wear clothing I feel like I am putting on a mask of some sort. A mask for the body. Clothing can hide so much and also accentuate a lot too and for years before nudism was introduced to me, I was as skinny as a rake. If not skinnier. And I was as white as white too. I was not proud of my body by any means thus I wore clothes to conceal this. A mask like I said.

When Nudism came into my life at 27 - 28 years of age it so happen to coincide with what I call a change year. This happens every 7 years starting at the age of 7. (Thus forth 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49 and so on). At this time we subconsciously and psychologically make changes to our life. It may be changing or making new friends, what we do for work, car style, hobbies we do, holidays, literally anything that is important to us. But it is a subtle change too. It's no like waking up one morning and state this and that. It's more of an uneasiness about whatever issue and it grows as we near our next change year. Look back at your own life and note how old you were when you changed a career or instance or maintained it. Got into nudism, had a divorce or came out about sexuality. For me at 28, I had had enough of hiding behind a mask and decided "bugger it, I'm going to go to a nudist beach and be really seen". Tall, skinny, white as white, no defined body but skin and bone. And you now what, it was the best thing I had ever done. I was free.

Apologies, I digressed. Getting back to why I do? because as I explained, I feel not only being me but also control of my life. As if to say "I will not be dictated too by a society that is not in my home, on top of a mountain swimming in a river with me et cetera". I love the feeling of no clothes on me too. I can keep check on skin conditions (which I have sadly) whereas with clothes on one can forget. My body temperature is more regular. And finally, being male, what is suppose to hang and dangle, can. As nature intended; rather than being scrunched up and over heated.

As to how often? I am nude/naked at home every moment I am home in the more nudist temperatures times of the year. In the colder times, only when the house gets to a temperature that easily accommodates nudism. I may be dedicated, but not silly. As for why? Way back when I fell in love with the concept of living nude, it just made sense to me. Thus a dreamed formed. To own my own home and live the "nudist lifestyle". My dream came true. I also visit nudist beaches, resorts and public nude places.

James.

This topic was edited
RE:Why do we and how much?

In my case it is simply that I like the physical freedom that I get from being without constraining clothing, together with the feel of fresh air on my body.
However, I hardly ever strip off.
I always sleep naked and never bother to dress until I need to but when that need ceases I suffer from clothing inertia which means that, unless there is a need to undress I will stay dressed.

This post was edited

I have some degree of clothing inertia also.
One of my goals for the upcoming summer is to remove all my clothing as soon as the need to wear it has ended.

This post was edited

I agree with you I feel totally weird if I am wearing clothes it just feels much more natural to me to be naked 24/7 and wear the barest minimum when going out into the textile world.

Nudist for 26 years started at age 40

This post was edited

I start everyday nude for at least a couple hours. I began being a nudist in my early teens, and just never stopped. My best times now are at social nudist clubs or walks in nature. Nudists are always accepting and friendly. Being a nudist lets you into another world, separate from the textile world. Nudism is peaceful at times, a little rebellious from society, and personally expressive, and just fun.

This post was edited

I have some degree of clothing inertia also.One of my goals for the upcoming summer is to remove all my clothing as soon as the need to wear it has ended.

This post was edited

I have some degree of clothing inertia also.One of my goals for the upcoming summer is to remove all my clothing as soon as the need to wear it has ended.
Your reply is missing.

This post was edited

I take my time to get dressed in the morning too. The main reason I get dressed is because my house if too cold to remain naked all day. I also find clothing restrictive. I hate it when my jewels get "all scrunched up and overheated".

This post was edited

I take my time to get dressed in the morning too. The main reason I get dressed is because my house if too cold to remain naked all day. I also find clothing restrictive. I hate it when my jewels get "all scrunched up and overheated".

True for me this time of year, but in May through September I often remain nude until I leave the house to go somewhere beside the back yard.

This post was edited

Single guy here so no spouse to protest my lack of clothing . I live rural which provides quite a bit of privacy inside and out weather permitting. . As a result I pretty much live nude at home to the point it feels unnatural to be clothed at home. My body temp has adjusted that i am comfortable with no or minimal clothing on long after others are chilled. Due to the old house and gusty winds I do find myself slipping on an open long sleeve shirt or sometimes a comfy sweatshirt on colder days if i am just sitting around. If up active i often ditch even that.

As for why, I have always been a bit of a non-conformist and being a nudist certainly helps with that. I like the non-restrictive nature of no tight belts, or anything tight around my wrists or neck . When I do wear clothes i go commando to keep the equipment free.

good question thanks for asking

This post was edited

Yes living nude 24/7 is the goal. I've been living the nudists lifestyle for about 50 years. Discovered the freedom way back in the 1970s going streaking. I fell in love with the free feeling of being naked. I think more people would like to be nude more often but are just too afraid.

This post was edited