Your weekly logical fallacy: bandwagon

Jump on board for a quick logical fallacy. This time we look at the bandwagon fallacy! You appealed to popularity or the fact that many people do something as an attempted form of validation. The flaw in this argument is that the popularity of an idea has absolutely no bearing on its validity. If it did, then the Earth would have made itself flat for most of history to accommodate this popular belief. Example: So this example is a little different. It is a trap that others might set up for ourselves. It can also go against your best interests.

[The example is this site and pictures. Now yes I have pictures up on our page, but that is because I wanted to have them there. Many others do not for various reasons. Some might be valid, in fact all of them are valid. Even if they do not seem valid to someone else. So if someone points out to you that x number of people have their pictures, share their pictures. Well that means you should to! NO!!! you do what you feel is right for you!

I am also trying some new formatting. I hope it works out. Should make these posts easier to read!

This topic was edited
No replies yet.