Loire River spot in France

So my wife and I are on work/vacation in France. In preparation for the trip O went on nudist compass to find some spots to try and be naked. The wife was working and I had a free day. I went to a spot on the river that someone had placed a spot on the map. It was very secluded and on a Monday. It was a steep hike down. I took off my clothes and laid in the sun for a while. Out of nowhere an older man came up and said gare and I had no idea what that meant. He wandered away and I hung out for a bit. Before long the gare came along, which apparently meant train. It was up high and across the river. I am sure they could see I was naked not much to see from that far away. I hung out for a bit more and then dressed and left.

This topic was edited
RE:Loire River spot in France

"Gare" means "station" in French! I think what the man was trying to tell you was that you could be seen from the train station. We would love to know where you are in France since we used to live very close to the Loire River when I was stationed at the French Armor and Cavalry School in Saumur. That region is absolutely beautiful, and the wine in fantastic.

When the weather was warm enough, we would load the boys in the car and drive to the Atlantic coast and spend the day on the Plage de Sauveterre, a huge, clothing optional beach near Les Sables d'Olonne. We miss our time in France, especially the long, lazy nude days on the beach with our sons.

This post was edited

We were staying in St Etienne for the first week. I drove a bit south from there killing time while the wife worked. We then went to Verona and then Venice. We are currently on a bullet train to Paris for 2 days. Been a long but fun 2 weeks. Ready to be home . We love to travel, but it is always great to get back home.

This post was edited

We know the area around St. Etienne. That city is known as the arms capital of France, home to some of the oldest gun- and arms makers in the country. It's ruggedly beautiful, and when you went further south, I am sure that you found the countryside very reminiscent of Southern California.

As for wanting to be home, we can identify. As much as we love to travel, it always feels good to get home. Safe travels to the both of you, and please let us know when you are back! Take good care.

This post was edited