Ok . . . It doesnt run, now what?

I have just posted a photo of yours truly in action regarding the title above. And, if you live in the country, there is almost always something that needs to be fixed / repaired / maintained. I think its like a law that the more you need something, the higher the probability of it not working is!! LOL. Thats obviously not true but it does seem like it. Anyway, the UTV Mule did not start last week & it appears to be starving for gas. You know the routine, it starts, runs 2 seconds and then dies. After many repeated attempts to do the quick fix (bypass main jets with choke out), I started the real work. Spray cleaned the carb, cleaned all the fittings, check fuel lines & filter . . . it still did the same thing. Oh well, next step is fuel pump and it will be here Tuesday with luck. Well try again then. Anyone else having a similar spring repair effort underway?

This topic was edited
RE:Ok . . . It doesnt run, now what?

I haven't tried to start the mower yet this year but last year I was struggling to figure out why nothing happened when I turned the key. After several weeks, I discovered that I had the mower engagement knob pulled out. I felt silly.... Dave

This post was edited

Hi John, 99% of the time it's the carb. Unfortunately, spray cleaners don't always do the trick. Stuck float, or gummed-up needle valve are always lurking in the springtime! Derek

This post was edited

Dave, Ditto. Lol.

This post was edited

I will have that with the weed eater at the start of every season.

This post was edited